The capital city of the eastern coastal state of Odisha, referred to as the “Temple City of India”, Bhubaneswar was one of India’s first planned cities. The first choice of the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) for the flagship Smart City Project, it is an evolving IT and education hub and one of the country’s fastest developing cities. The city has a delicate combination of heritage and modernity. Sprawling IT campuses, world-class universities, lush greenery and pleasant weather make Bhubaneswar the number one choice in east India to study and settle down. Leading IT companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS etc. have their presence in the city. Apart from IT, Iron and Steel, Aluminium, Ferro Alloy, Minerals, Cement, Paper, Sugar, Fertilizers, and Handlooms are the leading industries present in the state. Bhubaneswar also attracts a lot of foreign students every year who come to study Odissi, a major ancient Indian classical dance form that originated in the Hindu temples of Odisha.
It is home to several colleges, institutions and universities mostly offering a wide range of courses in STEM and applied research and are highly rated by the Ministry of HRD, India.
- College of Engineering and Technology (CET), Bhubaneswar
- Institute Of Minerals & Materials Technology (IMMT) Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Physics
- Institute Of Mathematics And Applications, Bhubaneswar
- International Institute Of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS – Bhubaneswar
- Xavier University
- Indian Institute Of Tourism And Travel Management, (IITTM)
- Birla Global University
- Institute Of Chemical Technology (ICT) [Off-Campus in collaboration with IIT-Kharagpur & Indian Oil]
Subroto Bagchi the Indian Entrepreneur and Business leader is an alumnus of Utkal University. Dutee Chand, a renowned athlete studied law from KIIT University.