A scholarship takes away all the burdens and financial concerns. No doubt, it makes a great difference in education. One such scholarship is The Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students scholarship which can fill the gap between education and finance and here is everything you should know about it.
|Scholarship Name||Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students 2023|
|Offered By||Central government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Objective of Scheme||To promote literacy in schedule caste students|
|Eligibility||SC students of higher education|
|Beneficiary||Scholarship will be provided by the Central Government to the students of the Scheduled Castes|
|Apply for PMS SC||Apply at National Scholarship official website|
What is the Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students scholarship?
Implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the scheme for top-class education for SC students was approved in 2007 and was revised in January 2012 and later in June 2016.
The top-class education scheme for SC Students scholarship will be inviting all institutions as per the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. After disbursement, students will receive the amount through the institute with a Utilization Certificate along with the signatures of individual students.
Who is eligible to receive the scholarship?
students who are willing to apply for this scholarship should follow the general conditions of eligibility listed below:
- Qualification– Students who have taken admission at the undergraduate or postgraduate level from the scheduled caste are eligible for this scheme.
- School– Must have completed class 12 and must have admission for a full-time course at a notified university using the general selection criteria according to the institution.
- The annual income of parents– The annual income of parents must not be more than Rs 6 lakhs.
Who has been notified as to the minor communities under this scholarship?
The ones who have been notified to the minor communities under the top class education scheme for SC Students scholarship includes students of the scheduled caste category. Around 1,500 fresh scholarships are disbursed each year as the scheme aims to promote quality education including financial support.
Furthermore, know that if the number of eligible students exceeds the number of slots allotted to the institution then the balancing slot will pass on to other eligible students.
And in case, if two students have the same marks for the last available slot in the institution it will lead to a tie. So the student who has the lowest final income will be given the scholarship.
Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students scholarship amount for 2023
The scheme will be released directly to the beneficiary students or to the institution directly by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The selected scholars will receive:
- For private institutions students will receive full tuition fee and non-refundable charges up to Rs 2 Lakh per annum. While for private sector flying club for commercial pilot training and type rating courses students will receive up to Rs 3.72 lakh per annum.
- Living expenses of Rs 2,220 per month and Rs 3,000 per annum for books and stationery.
- Students will receive Rs 45,000 (one-time assistance) for computers or laptops with UPS and printers from any reputed brand.
Note: The beneficiary student awarded with the scholarship will enjoy the benefits till the completion of the course on the basis of his/her satisfactory performance.
What selection process would be followed under this scholarship plan?
The selection process of a top-class education scheme for SC Students is eligible to students on the basis of their merit. Once selected, the application of the beneficiary students will be forwarded to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment along with all necessary information.
In case, the number of eligible students in the 1st year is found less than the remaining slots will be offered to the eligible students of 2nd, 3rd, 4th year. However, 2nd-year students will get more priority than 3rd-year students and so on, based on their previous year’s result.
Furthermore, know that the benefit of the scheme will not be awarded to more than two siblings in a family. However, the scholarship will be terminated if any student fails the final examination each year.
How to apply for the Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students Scholarship?
Those who are willing to apply for the top class education scheme for SC Students scholarship should be able to meet the eligibility criteria and must follow the given steps
Step 1: Visit the official website- Every candidate applying for this scholarship must visit the homepage i.e. National Scholarship Portal.
Step 2: Choose the form type- Once you’ve visited the homepage, Click on New Registration. Then make sure you read the guidelines carefully, then select the undertaking, and continue.
Step 3: Fill in the details- Now you’ve to fill in all necessary details such as the state of domicile, name, date of birth, email ID, mobile number, scholarship category, and scheme type.
Step 4: Register- Now you need to click on the register button. But before, make sure you provide the bank details, Aadhaar no. Provide a valid mobile no, as you’ll be receiving an OTP.
Step 5: Print out the form- Using the OTP login and an application ID along with a password will be generated. Submit the form and print it out for future use.
Note: While filling out the online form, make sure you fill in the details carefully and avoid making mistakes. Also, make sure not to fill out more than one application form as it will lead to cancellation.
Information related to the Bank Account details would be attached in the scholarship form.
The scholarship amount will be payable immediately after a student gets admission and starts attending classes. However, other non-refundable charges and other payments will be remitted directly to the institution by the central government through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode.
What documents are required to apply for the Scholarship Form?
The documents that you would need to apply for this scholarship form includes as follows:
- Income Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Proof of admission.
- Scorecard of entrance exam qualified, only if required.
- Fee structure of the program.
- Bank account details of both the students as well as the institution.
Terms and Conditions
- Students from the following schools are eligible for the scholarship:
- All of the Central Government Institutions, including the IIMs, IITs, IIITs, AIIMS, NITs, NIFTs, NIDs, Indian Institute of Hotel Management, National Law Universities, and others, OR
- Institutions listed as A++ and A+ Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), OR
- Institutions listed in the top 100 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), or
- institutions on the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s (MHRD) list of institutions of national importance.
- In the case of the Commercial Pilot Training Course and Type Rating Course, the Director-General of Civil Aviation has given his approval to all Government and CPSE run institutions.
- In the event that there are no female students available, the remaining 30% of scholarships will be given to male students.
- In the event that students don’t pass their annual final exam, the scholarship will be revoked.
- Only two children from a single family are eligible for the scholarship.
Undoubtedly, the scholarship helps students to study without having trouble paying for their education. Not only does it lessen the burden but also encourages them to reach their goals and be successful in life.