In India, a solid college education is generally essential for any major career or desired position. The price of quality education has also been rising quickly over the past thirty years, making it unaffordable for middle-class families. Today’s youth have no chance to follow their aspirations of obtaining a higher education in reputable universities due to the cost of tuition and other fees in professional colleges.
Keeping all these in mind, these days scholarships have been a true help to such students. One such scholarship scheme is Swami Dayanand Education Foundation. It has created a solid foundation for the enlightened empowerment of young people through education. Furthermore, here is everything you need to know about the scholarship.
What is the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation?
The Foundation (SDEF) offers Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships to extraordinarily gifted but underprivileged students. To be precise, these students are the ones who are encountering financial restraints and are unable to attend reputable universities. The foundation grants scholarships based on academic achievement or to the top scorers in the state besides the national-level common entrance exams.
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in areas like engineering, IT, MBBS, pharmacy, architecture, and any other undergraduate programmes. The ones who are eligible for this scholarship include government or private institutions, IITs, and NITs.
Who Qualifies for the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation?
In order to be eligible for the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation, Students must qualify for the following eligibility criteria which may include
- All professionals, including those in engineering, medicine, architecture, etc., as well as other undergraduate programmes, are eligible for the scholarship.
- A CGPA of at least 6.5 and 12th-grade marks of 65% or above is required.
- Family Income of Less Than 6LPA Per Annum is needed.
- Students are allowed to get two scholarships. However, those who currently receive scholarships from other sources can apply for this Scholarship programme as well.
- Students with working /paid parents who can offer a salary certificate or verification of an income tax return are given preference.
Swami Dayanand Education Foundation Amount
Under this scholarship programme, an award of Rs 50,000 is given each year to eligible and talented yet poor students who want to pursue education and professional courses. Besides, the scholarship programme of the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation is organized into seven distinct categories and the amount is also different including:
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Gold Scholarship – 1,00,000 per year to 5 each. This is limited to students with a GPA of 9.5 or to the ones with the top position in the merit list.
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Silver Scholarship – 50,000 per year to 10 each. It is restricted to students with a GPA of 9 or to the ones who are in the top ten positions on the merit list.
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Memorial Scholarship – 25,000 per year to 40 each.
- Smt. Shanti Devi Memorial Scholarship – 17,500 per year to 45 each.
- Sh. Ram Ji Memorial Scholarship – 15000 per year to 60 each.
What Selection Procedure would be followed under the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation?
The Swami Dayanand Education Foundation is chosen based on their performance in examinations. Candidates must have earned at least 85% in the 12th grade OR have a minimum ranking of 25,000 in the JEE (Main) or 10,000 in the JEE (Adv). Additionally, they must also have a grade point average of at least 7.5 on a scale of 10. The scholarship is available for all UG course years.
Selection will be based on merit and a background check of the family, including academic performance and parental annual income. Students will be chosen depending on how well they performed in their 12th-grade class. At the address provided on the application form, the qualified applicants will be notified via email or mail. So make sure to provide genuine and correct information only.
How to Apply for the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation?
For the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation, candidates can apply online through its website, following the given guidance:
Step 1– First visit the official website (www.swamidayanand.org).
Step 2– Print out the application form and manually complete it.
Step 3– Scan the application form and all supporting documents. Remember to save the scanned application and other documents in a folder that has your name on it.
Step 4– Go back to its official website and upload the folder with your name. Remember documents/Folders without your name will not be taken into consideration.
Note- Do not share your personal bank account information with anyone as the scholarship money is directly transferred to the college bank account.
What Documents are Required for the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation?
Here are the documents required for the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation:
- Marksheets and certificates of classes 10th and 12th. Additionally, academic mark sheets broken down by terms and semesters will also be required.
- Genuine college degree certificate.
- Letter of acceptance or rank certificate as well as the letter of advice for seat allocation.
- Proof of the student’s payment of semester or annual fees.
- A copy of any applicable scholarship letters, fee waiver agreements, or education loans.
- Proof of Residency, Ration card, or Parent’s ID along with a copy of voter ID, PAN card, and Aadhaar card.
- Family Income Proof: Salary certificate, 3-Month salary slip, IT return form, or any other document attesting to your family’s financial stability
- Agricultural land records and images of the shop if any.
- A copy of the electricity bill (3 months)
- Student loan evidence or rental contract, if any
- Photographs of the family and inside/outside shots of the house.
- Details from the Institute Bank confirmed by the Institute.
Terms and Conditions of the Swami Dayanand Education Foundation
- If any information provided by the candidate is discovered to be inaccurate, the application will be refused. Candidates must enter their names exactly as they appear on their mark sheets.
- The optimum time to apply is early.
- If any type of fraudulent information is discovered, the authority will either request a refund or reject the application and cancel the scholarship.
- Candidates that are chosen can view the selection process results on the official website and Facebook page.
- The trustees will choose whether to make payments directly or in installments.