The Scholarship is basically the merit that you get for your performance. There are different scholarships. While some are based on merit, some are based on the financial status of the family. The performance-based scholarship is given when the student achieves a specific target and the financial scholarship is given when the student isn’t well off enough to continue further studies. One such scholarship is the post-matric scholarship to the students belonging to scheduled cases for studies in India.
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC 2023
|Central government of India
|Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
|Objective of Scheme
|To promote literacy in schedule caste students
|SC students of class 11th and 12th
|Scholarship will be provided by the Central Government to the students of the Scheduled Castes
|Apply for PMS SC
|Apply at State Scholarship official website
What Is This Scholarship For?
The main aim of this scholarship is to increase the gross enrolment ratio of Sc students for higher education by providing students from poor family backgrounds financial assistance at post matriculation or the post-secondary stage. This scholarship is available for studies in India only and the awardees are selected by the state to which the applicant actually belongs which is permanently settled or domiciled. This applies to the students already enrolled and fresh candidates too.
Criteria for Educational Institutions
Only the educational institutes maintaining the laid down academic standards shall be covered under the scheme.
- Only colleges with the AISHE code shall be eligible for the scholarship scheme.
- Institutions with higher education facilities will receive NAAC/NBA accreditation.
- This scholarship benefits shall be linked with Aadhar based attendance system and thus attendance shall be maintained daily.
- The institutions shall submit half-yearly self-audited reports to the state government.
- The scholarship will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or pre-secondary courses, diplomas, long-term vocational training certificates, graduate, and post-graduate courses, etc.
Criteria for Students
- This scholarship is limited to Indian citizens only.
- Only candidates who belong to scheduled castes so specified in relation to the state/union territory to which the applicant actually belongs.
- Scholarships will be paid to students whose parent’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs 250000 during the last financial year. An income certificate is required to be taken once only.
- The ceiling on the age limit for admission as regular students in different courses shall be decided by the concerned institution.
- Students who have cleared any stage of education, but still continuing their study in the same stage with some other subjects in their curriculum.
- Students who pursue studies through correspondence are also eligible.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship if awarded any other scholarship or stipend.
- Students should be encouraged to have Aadhar-linked bank accounts to facilitate payment through the Aadhar payment bridge.
Scholarship Amount For 2023
The scholarship includes these components for the complete duration of the course.
- Compulsory, non-refundable fees including tuition fees as fixed by the fee fixation of the state government.
- Academic allowance.
|Category of courses
|Yearly (day scholars)
|Group 1: Degree courses and professional courses at the PG level
|Group2: Other professional courses leading to a degree, diploma, certificate
|Group 3: Graduate and post-graduate courses not covered under group 1 & group 2
|Group 4: All post-matriculation non-degree courses
- 10% extra allowance shall be provided for students
- Students pursuing CA/ ICWA/CA/ CFA shall be treated as day scholars for the purpose of academic allowance.
Free Ship Card
All eligible students shall be entitled to take admission in institutions without pre-payment of tuition fees and hostel fees, and to enable this a free ship card will be issued by the state government for eligible students. This free ship card shall contain all the details and shall be digitally signed for the purpose of admission and shall be valid for a period of 1 year. If the student wants to change the course, he can do so by logging onto the IT portal.
Application For Scholarship And Verification
- The institutions shall ensure that all students are admitted to their institution and have free ship cards issued as detailed guidelines and apply on the same day as the date of admission into the institution.
- On the day of admission itself, the institution shall verify on the portal that the student has taken admission in an institution with the same course as mentioned on the free ship card and is thus a Bonafede student of that institute.
- In case of renewal students, the student shall be auto renewed based on attendance and confirmation from the institute about the student being promoted to the next class and having joined back.
Process of Registration and Application For Students
- He/she shall before the expected date of admission register on the online scholarship portal for free ship card issuance.
- On admission to the institution mentioned in the free ship card, the student shall apply for a scholarship giving details of the card and course on the same day of admission.
- Students continuing the courses for which they have been sanctioned scholarship in the previous year shall be automatically renewed for the scholarship as said earlier.
- The provision of this scheme can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The entire scholarship amount will be paid directly into the account of the students ONLY through DBT, through an Aadhar-based payment system preferably.
- The central share in the scheme would also be released on DBT mode only directly into the bank accounts of the students, after ensuring the state has done its part.
- The scholarship portal shall remain open throughout the year is that the eligible students can register for the free ship card and apply for scholarships.
- Disbursal shall be done in one installment as per the following schedule.
|Date of receiving applications
|Date by which state share (40%) is to be released
|Date by which central share (60%) should be released
|Within 75 days of application
|Within 90 days of application
There strictly shall not be any delay in payment of these fees and authentication through Aadhar would be compulsory at the time of renewal if not provided earlier.
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Residence proof
- Age proof
- ID card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank details