Scholarships are monetary awards provided to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in order to help them continue their studies. Students from low-income families are given priority when awarded some scholarships. Nowadays, students can apply for and receive many different kinds of scholarships.
One example of a scholarship for high-achieving kids from economically disadvantaged backgrounds is the Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric initiative, which is awarded to high school juniors and seniors. So, let’s find out more about this Scholarship program that’s available to individuals who require financial assistance in order to continue their education.
|Scholarship Name||Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric 2023|
|Offered By||Central government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Objective of Scheme||To promote literacy of Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers|
|Eligibility||Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers|
|Beneficiary||Scholarship will be provided by the Central Government to the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers|
What is Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric all about?
Children of employees in the Beedi community, the Iron Ore Mines, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mines (IOMC), the Limestone Mines, Dolomite Mines (LSDM), the Mica Mines, and the Cine sector are eligible to receive a scholarship of up to Rs. 25,000 per year, per student. For this program, applicants submit their information through the National Scholarship Portal and recipients get their awards through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system (NSP).
- A scholarship program is provided for the children of Beedi employees in the first tier.
- Children of workers at iron-ore, manganese ore, and chrome-ore (IOMC) mines are encouraged to apply for a scholarship scheme that will help them pay for college.
- The Limestone and Dolomite Mine (LSDM) is proud to offer a scholarship program for the children of hardworking employees.
- Children of film industry employees can apply for scholarships through Cinema Workers’ Family Scholarship Program (IV).
Eligibility for the Financial Assistance
Children of employees at Beedi, Cine, IOMC, and LSDM must meet these requirements in order to be considered for a scholarship either before or after they have completed high school.
If neither of a student’s parents has been employed for the past six months in the mining industry (including but not limited to Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, or Cine), the student will not be admitted. Those who are self-employed or perform contract work from home (Gharkhata) are similarly impacted.
The worker’s monthly household income, including all revenue sources, cannot exceed the following:
- Beedi Industry employees: Rs.10,000/-. For the Cine workers, family income should not exceed INR 8,000 per month or INR 1,00,000 per annum.
- All mine workers, whether they are doing manual labour, unskilled labour, highly skilled labour, or clerical work, are eligible for the benefits provided by the Labour Welfare Organization.
- If a manager or supervisor’s monthly pay is less than Rs.10,000, they are entitled to participate in government assistance programs.
- For the purposes of this Act, the wage of a cinema worker shall not exceed Rs.1,00,000 in a single payment or installments totalling less than Rs.1,00,000, whichever is greater.
- Recent passing scores on a qualifying exam are required. Conversely, students who have been promoted to the following grade level are welcome to submit an application for the aforementioned awards.
- The Scholars Program does not accept students who are currently enrolled in a Correspondence Course of Study.
- Scholarships are available to full-time students majoring in any discipline offered by an accredited Indian college, university, or other educational institution. This includes but is not limited to the health sciences, technical fields, agricultural studies, and the hard sciences.
- The institution must be publicly funded or officially recognized as a public school in order to qualify for the scholarship.
- Students who are already receiving other forms of financial aid will not be considered for any further assistance.
- The student has to have their own checking account. An account held jointly should have the student’s name listed first.
- There needs to be a separate bank account number for each child if a worker has several.
- Each student needs to sign up with their own unique cell phone number.
- Primary and secondary school students, as well as college students, up to the age of 25 are eligible to receive the Scholarship.
In Eligibility Clauses
However, the following students will be automatically disqualified from scholarship consideration:
- Students who have completed one level of schooling and are continuing their education at the same level in order to study another topic. For instance, one could earn a Master of Arts in one field and then another Master of Arts in a different field, or a Bachelor of Science and then a Bachelor of Business Administration, or a Bachelor of Arts and then a Master of Arts.
- Students who already have a bachelor’s degree but want to get a second bachelor’s degree in a different subject (such as those who have a B.T. or B.Ed. and want to earn an L.L.B.
Cancellation of Financial Assistance
In the event of the following, a previously approved scholarship may be revoked:
- If it is discovered that the applicant made false statements to obtain the scholarship.
- Upon notification that the recipient will not be continuing his or her studies, the scholarship will be canceled effective immediately.
- If the scholarship recipient decides to change their major or attend a different school than the one originally approved by the Welfare Commissioner, they will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If the scholar does not maintain satisfactory academic progress, has inconsistent attendance, or engages in misconduct during the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded.
- The student’s parents are no longer employed by the Beedi, Mine, or Cine industries.
READERS, PLEASE MAKE NOTE: In the event that a student is found guilty of any of the following after receiving a scholarship, the scholarship funds will be immediately reclaimed from the student or the student’s parents.
What documents are required to apply for the Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric?
- A copy of their government-issued photo ID and their Form B Register Number if they are the wards of mining workers.
- A readable duplicate of the first page of the account holder’s bank passbook or a canceled cheque. showing the account holder’s or beneficiary’s information.
- Previous year’s transcript or completion certificate.
- Tax Authority-Issued Income Verification Document.
Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric for 2023-24
- Students in India’s primary and secondary schools will each receive INR 250 to put toward tuition, supplies, and clothing.
- A total of INR 940 will be given to female students in grades 5 through 8.
- Boys in India’s fifth through eighth grades will each receive 500 rupees.
- Girls in 9th grade will receive a monetary award of INR 1,140.
- Class 9 male students will receive 700 INR if they are in the 9th grade or higher.
- A scholarship of INR 1,840 will be awarded to all female students enrolled in the tenth grade.
- INR 1,400 will be given to male students in 10th grade.
- Male and female applicants can expect to get a scholarship worth Rs 1,000 for grades 1 through 4, and 1,500 for grades 5 through 8.
- The value of each scholarship will be Rs 2,000 for students in grades 9 through 10, and Rs 3,000 for those in grades 11 through 12.
- The cost of attending an ITI or Polytechnic, as well as degree programs like the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is Rs 6,000 per year, whereas the cost of attending a professional school is Rs 25,000 per year.
- Eligible first-through-fourth-grade students will use the scholarship funds to buy things like textbooks, uniforms, and other school supplies.
- Formal Application Submission Guidelines
- When applying for financial aid for the Education of Children of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric, each new applicant must begin the application process by signing up for an account. Let’s see how to apply for this position.
Candidates must also be eligible for the Per-Matric Financial Aid for the Education of the Children of Workers in the Beedi, Cinema, IOM, and LSDM, which is part of the National Student Program. In terms of selecting winners, here is how it breaks down.
- You should submit an application.
- Telephone chat with the interviewee.
This scholarship program was established by the Indian government to make higher education more accessible to its residents. In order to help low-income citizens of India attend college, the Indian government established a scholarship program. This program’s ability to improve education in the state as a whole is considerably enhanced by removing financial barriers to higher education for low-income residents. These students, who have long been on the margins owing to a lack of resources like education, would tremendously benefit from winning this scholarship, which would help them rise to prominence and contribute to the growth and prosperity of their state.