Established in the year 1993, Piloo Mody College is popularly known as PMCA. This architectural college is one of the best that our country has. The courses that the college provides are approved by the Council of Architecture, Delhi.
The college itself is affiliated with Biju Patnaik university of technology, also known as BPUT. PMCA is a private architectural college that provides various courses to its students. PMCA is one of the best colleges for an overall learning experience for the students.
Being a strictly architectural college, PMCA offers a variety of undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses in architecture. It also offers a PHD in architecture for its students. Here are further details of the courses that PMCA offers.
The courses that the college offers are limited but are qualitative. They are some of the best courses which are nurtured very well in PMCA.
• One of the best parts of courses offered in PMCA is that they are highly elaborative and explanatory. It has an updated and revised course syllabus designed to give its students only the best.
• The academic faculty of PMCA maintains a great balance between experienced and trained individuals along with fresh minds, young individuals who have a lot to offer too. This balance helps the students to not only receive high quality knowledge but also a great interactive teaching-learning process.
• The courses at PMCA are also highly practical. As architecture as a subject highly depends on practicality, the courses here offer the students to think and learn through practical projects and labs.
• The course not only limits them to their classroom, but the faculty also encourages students to go beyond the syllabus and bring out their unique ideas. It also includes trips, both international and national, for encouragement and beyond learning.
The admission in MCA for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees can be offline as well as online.
The online process includes:
• Visit the official website of PMCA and find the admission tab.
• Choose the admission form under the tab and start filling out the form with the necessary details.
• Upload documents supporting your details in the form.
• Pay the form fee and submit the form online.
The offline process.
• Visit the website and print out a form of the required course.
• Fill out the required information along with attaching the required documents with it.
• Then send the form to the PMCA college with a DD along with the form fee of 1000.
The admission to every course required different eligibility however the basic admission structure remains the same. After you’ve submitted your application, if you make it to the merit list you'll be contacted further.
Results and cutoff
The admission in PMCA is highly merit-based. They are especially based on your rank or score sheet in the entrance exams necessary for the courses.
The competition is high and it demands a high cutoff. In undergraduate courses, the candidate must have scored 40% in JEE MAINS along with the basic 10+2 criterion.
They also should have a 40% score in the aptitude test architecture (NATA). The postgraduate courses demand rank in postgraduate aptitude test or/and graduate aptitude test in engineering.
The cutoff is high and they have limited seats, however, every seat is valuable with the quality of education and degree that it offers to its students.
One has to apply for all the entrance exams prior to applying for admission in PMCA and then has their rank and score sheet, only then they are allowed to even apply for this college.
The college has had partnerships with some of the best architectural companies and they offer internships and placement to the students of PMCA every year.
The on-campus placement is quite good, however the off-campus placement of PMCA students is high and they often acquire great posts at respectable companies.
The starting salary package that one company may provide can range from 4 to 6 LPA whereas the highest can go upto 16 LPA. Around 300 students get placement every year and 2 out of 4 students receive the best placements in reputed companies.
It is estimated that 97% of its students have received rewarding internship programs as well as placements in the aftermath of their courses.
The campus of PMCA is impressive. The vast spread of land has a variety of facilities that the college offers to its students.
These facilities help them to not only study well and achieve knowledge of greater heights but also perform extracurricular activities ranging in various arenas.
It includes Wi-Fi, a library, plenty of laboratories including building material and a creative design lab. Sports complexes like basketball and volleyball courts are also present on the campus.
There is the facility of an in-campus hostel available for girls as well boys. It has a fully functional cafeteria with good food.
Along with design studios. It provides hospitals and medical facilities too. The campus also includes seminar and exhibition halls, visual art studio, material museum etc.
The network for the alumni is highly connective. The alumni network is spread through various social media platforms for students of PCMA to share. Here are some of the alumni of PMCA.
• Shruti Das
• Shreya Mitra
• Animesh Sinha
• Twinkle Mohanta
• Swagato Pal.
All the alumni of PMCA have gone on to achieve successful careers in their life with the help of the college. The PMCA has impacted their life in an unforgettable way.
The college is a home for students with architecture as their passion, it provides them with raw input and knowledge along with the freedom to mould and be creative with their thoughts.