Established in the year 1980, BMS College of Architecture in Bangalore is one of the oldest foundations of Architecture providing education to its students.
The college focuses on creating future architects along with the main vision to 'Foster Growth and Creativity'. The enriched academic environment of the college has been making architects for decades.
Over years, they have been successful in creating a landmark in the architectural landscape through its research, innovation and consultancy. The best part about the college is that it introduces updated versions of education in the field of architecture.
is a 5 years program and to opt for this course students need to pass a pre-University
examination conducted by the Karnataka State Pre-University Board or any
recognised council or board of India with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
along with mathematics as a mandatory subject.
Students have passed the B.Arch examination of VTU with a
minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all the years of the degree. It is a 2
years course with 4 semesters.
that students who have completed a degree through the distance mode of education
from any university are not eligible for this course in BMSCA
Candidates must hold
a masters degree from any recognised university or other qualification.
Selection is based on synopsis selection, VRAT Test and on the basis of an
interview conducted by VTU.
The doctoral program course acts as a bonus for every
student as it adds value in the field of architecture along with developing
strong in-depth knowledge to tackle future problems.
BMSCA offers a diversity of architecture programs and courses from Undergraduate, Postgraduate to Doctoral levels. Here is the list of course structures offered at BMSCA along with its eligibility:
- To explore the skills and push students' abilities, the BMSCA authority maintains relationships with expertise, technical groups, thinkers and independent designers.
- Besides the courses offered in the college, students are also supported to become an all-rounder by providing numerous national as well as international design workshops, seminars, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Students are taught and given training with the most updated versions of education in the field of architecture.
- The college offers scholarships for merit students and some based on scholarships tests and talent tests. Besides, education loans are provided to needy students.
If you're looking to pursue a career in Architecture, then the option here is BMSCA. It offers admission to both Indian as well as foreign students in its college.
So here are some facts and points you must know before applying for admission in BMSCA:
Admission is done on the basis of 12th degree for UG course and bachelor degree for PG course.
Admission is based on the 12th score and NATA score.
If you're looking for ways to get direct admission to BMSCA, then know you have to pay some donation to the Trust or College's Management.
To apply for admission, candidates need to follow the following instructions:
- Visit the official website of BMS College of Architecture
- Click on the Admission tab and click on the download
- Take the printout of the form and fill it with all necessary information and avoid making mistakes
- Then fix the passport size photograph and other necessary documentation
- Send the application form to the mentioned address given on the website along with the application fee.
Result and Cutoff
Are you dreaming of being a part of BMS College of Architecture? Many conscious aspirants, seeking admission in BMSCA, know that the process starts only if the candidates meet the required eligibility. The admission rules are strictly connected with VTU rules and regulations.
The cutoff for B.Arch in BMSCA depends on the NATA score which is 80 out of 200. The cut off for M.Arch depends on the GATE qualified students with the required cut off getting priority.
No doubt, BMS College of Architecture offers a remarkable and high standard practical education in architecture. With the training and education provided at BMSCA, students can easily get internships and placements with top companies in the field.
As the placements are done based on the students’ ability and companies recruitment, students who are praiseworthy are placed in reputed firms both abroad and in India.
The college has its own placement cell which manages and designs the training plan as well as supports every stage involved in the placement process.
Companies that collaborate for placements with BMS College of Architecture are such as Atkins, TCS, Studio J, IBM, INEIDOS and many more.
Standing out from other traditional colleges, BMSCA has great campus facilities to offer to its students. Be it design studio, Lab, canteen and cafeteria, well-equipped classrooms, computer centre, library, sports facility, digital classroom, E-library, hospital, hostel, air-conditioned campus to transportation, everything is provided to students at its level best.
Besides, the university also enjoys festival celebrations like New Year, Holi, Dipawali, Christmas and so on with students and faculty members each year.
BMSCA provides the opportunity to the alumni to support each and every student in placements and to launch their careers. From connecting with each other to maintaining ties to the institution, the alumni network creates a support system for students, graduates and professionals.
Some of the alumni of BMSCA are:
- Sameera Chukkapalli- (1992) She is a student of BMSCA who is currently a fellow at the FabCity Research Laboratory in Barcelona.
- Ar. Sadashiv Chakravarty- He is an associate director at RSP Architects, Bangalore.
- Ar. Ashok Dutta- He is a Founder and Principal Architect at M/s. Studio Decode, Bangalore.
- Ar. Bijoy Ramachandran- He is a director at M/s. Hundred Hands, Bangalore.
However, these distinguished alumni of BMS College of Architecture have been thankful to the institution for providing them and helping them to grow at this professional level. They too are great students who have been highlighting the education provided at BMSCA through their success.