Top Public Health Colleges in India 2022: Public health is a course which is available in various specializations at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral level that deals with human health conditions, diseases, infections, virals, dental, and other issues. Overall, boosting the health condition of the whole country is the motive behind this course. Public Health is popular in management courses where the students learn about managing the public health sector to build an infrastructure that holds a country in health crises.
IIRF provides the Ranking for Public Health colleges in India that includes top MPH colleges in India and Top Public Health colleges in India.
The undergraduate course in public health is known as BPH and is a 4-year program. The postgraduate program (MPH) is of 2 2-year duration in the best colleges in India for MPH.
Branches and Specializations in Public Health Courses
The Public Health course is further divided into many specializations as it is a huge part of science and each specialization could be studied as a single course. Some of the specializations of public health offered in Top MPH colleges in India are mentioned below.
|Child & Maternal Health
|Health and Human Services
|Social and Behavioral Science
The Major Highlights of the Public Health Courses
- Public Health is a professional course so the students can expect good job opportunities after their academics.
- Public Health course offers a slightly respectful career as it provides an opportunity to save lives.
The eligibility criteria for getting admitted to a public health course
The students need to fulfil different eligibility criteria for getting admission to the public health colleges in India at different levels of academic education. Check the eligibility criteria mentioned below
For UG Courses (BPH) of examination from a recognized board of education. The candidates need to get a cut-off mark in the entrance examination.
For PG Courses (MPH)
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or an equivalent level.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology should be their primary subjects in the 10+2 examination.
- The candidates should have an undergraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university or institute.
- The candidates need to pass an entrance examination with the cut-off marks.
For Ph.D Courses
- The candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university with at least 55% marks, and a relaxation of 5% marks to the reserve category students.
- The students have to appear in a national-level entrance examination conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or a written test conducted by the desired university.
- The students have to go through personal interviews for the final merit list.
Top Public Health Entrance Examinations
There are no specific entrance examinations for public health courses but several medical entrance examinations at the national level and university level are conducted regularly. All the government public health colleges in India along with other top public health colleges prefer NEET UG and NEET PG entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. A list of some important entrance examinations for admission to public health courses is mentioned below.
|PGIMER MPH Entrance
Careers After Public Health
The career options in Public Health are limitless, as in the world of discovery and innovation, but here are a FewHealthWorkers career options that can be chosen by students after completing their academic course from the best public health colleges in India.
|Health Policy Associate
|Infectious Disease Specialist
|Health Care Managers and Administrator
|Nutrition Technical Advisor
|Water Quality Planner
|International Health Care Worker
|Public Health Practitioner
|Private Health Consultant
|Public Health Educator
|Environmental Health Scientist
|Hospital operations manager
|Pharmaceutical production management
|Patient care service
2. Top Recruiters:
|World Health Organization
|Serum Institute of India
|INCLEN Trust International
|Indian Council of Medical Research
|Population Services International (PSI)
|Public Health Foundation of India
|Health Trail Portal
|Omega Healthcare Management
Public Health is a rapidly growing sector for both colleges and students. They can register their participation today and have a healthy future tomorrow.
IIRF evaluates all the colleges based on five parameters
|Teaching Learning Resources & Pedagogy (TLRP)
|Future Orientation (FO)
|External Perception & International Outlook (EPIO)