Top Physiotherapy Colleges in India 2022: Physiotherapists study the science of movement. They learn to analyze the root cause of pain or injury and then provide treatment accordingly. Physiotherapy is a professional healthcare degree to recover a person's function, suppleness, and physical fitness. There are some of the best physiotherapy colleges in India, which provide good education in this field of medical science at diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
The undergraduate program in physiotherapy can be finished in as little as 4 years, but in order to continue studying, one must complete a 6-month internship. Two years are required to complete the postgraduate program.
Branches and Specializations in Physiotherapy Courses
Physiotherapy is a wide area of study in medical science and it is divided into many specializations and branches. Some of the specializations and branches offered by the top physiotherapy colleges in India are mentioned below.
|Cardiovascular and pulmonary
|Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
The Major Highlights of the Physiotherapy Courses
- Treating injuries prevents bigger problems and it is done by the physiotherapist, it is needed in every sector of the society.
- Physiotherapists are required in every sport at national and international level.
The eligibility criteria for getting admitted to an MBBS course
The candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get admission into top physiotherapy colleges in India. Some of the mandatory eligibility criteria are mentioned below for DPT, BPT, and MPT.
For Diploma (DPT):
- The candidates need to pass the 10+2 examination from a recognized board of education with physics, chemistry, and biology as their primary subject.
- The candidates need to score at least 50% marks in their 10+2 examinations.
- The candidates need to score the cutoff marks in the qualifying examinations.
For UG (BPT):
- The candidates need to pass the 10+2 examination from a recognized board of education with physics, chemistry, and biology/life science as their primary subjects with at least 50% marks.
- In addition, to be admitted to BPT programs, you must pass entrance tests like the Common Entrance Test (CET), GGSIPU CET, and another entrance test.
For PG (MPT) :
- The candidates must need to complete their undergraduate course (BPT) from a recognized university/institute.
- The candidates have to score at least 50% marks at the undergraduate level.
- The candidates are required to do at least a six month internship before getting enrolled in the PG course.
- The candidates have to score the cutoff marks in the qualifying examination.
Top Physiotherapy Entrance Examinations
There are various entrance examinations that are held all over the country for admission to the best physiotherapy colleges in India. Some of the top private physiotherapy colleges in India also conduct their own entrance examination for admission to each course. Some of the important entrance examinations are mentioned below.
|CMC Vellore Test
|St. John’s Entrance Test
|Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test
|UGC NET exam
|NIPER Ph.D. Entrance Exam
|AIMA Entrance exam
|National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Careers After Physiotherapy
The students have a bright future after completing their physiotherapy course from the top physiotherapy colleges in India as the demand for physiotherapists is very high and they are playing a crucial role in maintaining the health of society and curing their injuries. Some of the professions, recruiting areas, and top recruiters are mentioned below.
|Defense Medical Establishments
|Customer Care Assistant
|Sports Physio Rehabilitator
|Self-Employed Private Physiotherapist/Freelancer
|Personal Fitness Consultants
|Chief Medical Health Officer (CHMO)
2. Employment Areas
|Hospitals and Nursing Homes
|Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers
|Schools for Mentally Challenged and Physically Disabled Children
|Sports Training Facilities
|High-Performance Sports centers
|Rehabilitation Centers for the handicapped
|Private and Government Sectors
3. Top Recruiters
|Quantum Physical Therapy and Wellness Center
|Sports Authority of India
|Max Healthcare Institute Ltd
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
|Dr. Lal Pathlabs
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
|Talwalkars Better Value Fitness Limited
|GD Goenka University
|Indian Air Force
Given that it is one of the best and most well-known professions, physiotherapy has a huge future in both India and abroad. The employment opportunities in this field are demanding while also being fascinating. A career in this field is a fantastic option for you if you are interested in treating patients' physical dysfunctions. The emphasis of the course is on imparting both theoretical and practical knowledge.
IIRF evaluates all the colleges on the basis of five parameters
|Teaching Learning Resources & Pedagogy (TLRP)
|Future Orientation (FO)
|External Perception & International Outlook (EPIO)