WBJEE (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination) 2023 is a state-level entrance test conducted by the WBJEE board every year. This exam is a gateway for entering into various Undergraduate Engineering & Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses in all the West Bengal private, government, and Self Financing Engineering and Technological institutes. It is expected that the next WBJEE exam will be conducted in May 2023 and the application process will be commenced from December 2022.
The eligible and interested candidates can appear for the 2023 WBJEE exam by filling the application form on or before the due date. Candidates, you can check out the WBJEE 2023 details via this post.
Highlights on WBJEE 2023
|Name of the examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2023|
|Minimum eligibility for the students||The candidates must be 12th pass with a minimum of 45% marks|
|Age limit||Minimum 17 years|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year|
|Application fees||Rs 500- General CategoryRs 400 – ST/SC/OBC Category|
|Exam duration||4 hours|
|No of papers||Paper 1 – MathematicsPaper-11 Physics & Chemistry|
|Mode of the exam||Offline mode|
WBJEE 2023 Tentative Dates
|Application Form Release Date||23rd December, 2022|
|Last for Application Form||20th January, 2023|
|Correction of Application Form||22nd to 24th January, 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||20th April, 2023|
|Exam Date||30th April, 2023|
|Answer Key Release Date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Result Date||2nd week of June 2023|
|Counseling Date||24th August, 2023|
Eligibility criteria for WBJEE 2023
The candidates must ensure that they must complete the eligibility criteria for the Pharmacy and Engineering courses before they apply for the exam. Check out the detailed information of WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria.
Nationality: The candidate must have Indian nationality Or OCI candidates (can only apply for some unreserved seats there in All India Quota).
Age limit: The minimum age must be 17 years on 31st December 2022.
Educational Qualification Required
|For admission to Pharmacy courses||For admission to Engineering courses|
|The candidate must have cleared their 12th class exam with PCB and Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Biology/Computer Application as a compulsory subject. The 12th exam must be done from a recognized board.||The candidate must have cleared their 12th class exam with PCB and Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Biology/Computer Application as a compulsory subject. The 12th exam must be done from a recognized board.|
WBJEE Application Form 2023
The eligible and interested candidates can go for appearing in WBJEE by filling the application form in an online mode. Soon, in December 2023 the online registration process for WBJEE 2022 will start. But before filling the application form, the candidates must follow the stepwise WBJEE instructions. Check out the Application process:
- Visit the WBJEE official website.
- The WBJEE form will be released from December 2022 via online mode.
- The candidates must check out their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
- The candidates must fill out the form carefully as the authorities will provide you with the correction facility.
- The candidate needs to fill in all the required details like Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, DOB, etc.
- The candidates must fill the application form on time and submit it before the due date.
- The last date of WBJEE form submission is in the second week of 20th January 2023.
WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Course
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian resident.
- Age limit: The applicant’s age must be of 17 years as of 31st December 2022.
- Qualifications: the candidate must have completed their 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized board.
- Subjects: The candidate must have taken PCM and English as their main subjects.
- Marks: The candidate must have got 45% in their 12th class and 40% is mandatory for ST/SC/OBC students.
WBJEE 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the complete exam pattern of WBJEE 2023:
|Exam Mode||The WBJEE 2023|
|Type of the Questions||MCQ|
|Papers||Paper 1 and Paper 11|
Paper 1 – Mathematics Paper 11 – Physics and Chemistry
|shift||The test will be organized in morning and afternoon shift|
|Negative marking||¼ marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.|
|Subjects||Category 1 (1 mark)||Category 11 (2 marks)||Category 111 (2 marks)|
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of WBJEE 2023 will include various topics from the 11 and 12th classes Physics, chemistry, and Mathematics.
|Physics||Wave Motion, Nuclear Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Modern Physics – Atomic Models, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion, Current Electricity, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magmatism, Work Energy Power, Simple Harmonic Motion, Physics of Nucleolus|
|Chemistry||p- Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Equilibrium, Coordination Compounds, Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements (d & f block), S block elements, Organic Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Vectors, Probability, 3-D Geometry, Matrices & Determinants, Limits, Indefinite Integration, Sets, Relation & Functions, Definite Integration, Theory of Equations, Permutation & Combination, Complex Numbers|
WBJEE Preparation Tips
Check out the below tips and tricks:
- Check the complete exam pattern and WBJEE syllabus.
- You must make a schedule for your study and prepare accordingly.
- You can participate in the mock test, solve previous years’ questions.
- Make notes of important topics and study them till you appear for the exam.
WBJEE is one of the renowned exams of West Bengal! Students, if you’re ready for the engineering course, you must give the WBJEE exam. For further information, land on the official WBJEE website.
All the best students!