The institutional GATE 2023 Answer Key has been made available for the various exams taken on February 4th and 5th, 2023. The exam analysis has been made public. The admit card was made available on January 9th, 2023. The exam timetable has been made public. A national engineering entrance exam is being administered. Every year, IISC Bangalore and seven IITs work together to conduct the GATE, or Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering. For the year 2023, it will be conducted by IIT Kanpur.
The opportunity to enroll in master’s and doctoral programs in engineering, technology, architecture, etc. will be given to qualified applicants. Candidates will be admitted to graduate degree programs like M.Tech, M.E., and Ph.D. programs. For applicants seeking admission to the various institutions, GATE eligibility is also required. Candidates can learn everything they need to know about the GATE 2023 exam in this article.
The acronym GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national-level exam that is jointly administered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, the Ministry of Education (MoE), and the Government of India.
GATE 2023 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Conducting Body||IIT Kharagpur|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-Based exam|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of papers||29 papers ( two subjects are added)|
|Courses Offered||M.E, M.Tech, and Ph.D|
|Total Marks||100( 65 questions are there)|
GATE 2023 Exam Dates
Aspirants, who are interested in appearing for GATE 2023, must check out the tentative GATE 2023 exam dates so that you are updated with the recent notifications.
|Official Notification released||27th July, 2022|
|Availability of GATE application form||30th August, 2022|
|Closing of submission of GATE application form||14th October, 2022|
|Last date to fill out the GATE application with a late fee||16th October, 2022|
|Correction in Application Form||4th to 11th November, 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||9th January, 2023|
|Exam Dates||4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th February, 2023|
|Response sheet release date||15th February, 2023|
|Answer Key||21st February, 2023|
|Answer Key Challenge Date||22nd to 25th February, 2023|
|Result Date||16th March, 2023|
|Scorecard Available on||21st March, 2023|
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the below table, as it depicts the exam pattern of GATE 2023
|Duration of the exam||3 hours( 180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects||29|
|Number of Questions||Total no of questions – 65 Total Marks – 100 General Aptitude – 10 questionsCore Subjects + Engineering Maths – 55 questions|
|Total Marks allotted subject wise||Total Marks – 100Engineering Math: 13 Marks General Aptitude: 15 Marks Core Subjects – 72 Marks|
|Questions Type||MCQ – Multiple Choice Questions MSQ (multiple select questions) Numerical Answer Type – NAT Questions|
|Number of Sections||GATE 2023 Question Paper will contain three sections (AR, CY, GC, EY, XL, PH, and MA) papers are excluded:General Aptitude (GA) Engineering MathematicsSubject – Specific section|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark MCQ Question – ⅓ will be deducted for the incorrect answer. 2 marks MCQ Question – ⅔ will be deducted for the incorrect answer. There is no negative marking for NAT and MSQ questions.|
GATE 2023 Syllabus
The official GATE 2023 syllabus has been made available online via the website. We’ve listed a few crucial subjects for some branches below:
|Civil Engineering||Structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, engineering mathematics|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Signal and system, digital circuit, analog circuits, electronic devices, engineering mathematics|
|Architecture and Planning||Environmental planning and design, building and structure, architecture and design, construction, and management|
|Mathematics||Functional analysis, complex analysis, linear algebra, numerical analysis, algebra|
|Chemical Engineering||Fluid mechanic and mechanical operations, process calculations and thermodynamics, engineering mathematics|
|Petroleum Engineering||Oil and gas well testing, petroleum formation evaluation, algebra etc|
|Aerospace Engineering||Flight mechanics, space dynamics, engineering mathematics, structures, aerodynamics, propulsion|
GATE 2023 Paper Code
Check out the Paper name and Paper Code
|Paper Name||Paper Code|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|PI||Production and Industrial Engineering|
|TF||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|XE-F||Polymer Science and Engineering|
|XE-H||Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences|
|XH-C1||Humanities and Social Sciences English|
|XH-C2||Humanities and Social Sciences- Linguistics|
|XH-C3||Humanities and Social Sciences- Philosophy|
|XH-C5||Humanities and Social Sciences- Sociology|
Why appear in GATE 2023?
- Any candidate who will qualify for the GATE exam will get admission to one of the top prestigious PG programs in IISC and IITs. Even, GATE score will help you out getting jobs in various Engineering companies.
- Once candidates have qualified for the GATE exam, they can enter various fellowship programs offered by top research centers in India.
- Renowned international Universities like the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University ( Singapore), University of Munich ( Germany) accept the GATE marks and help students get admission.
- GATE scores open up an opportunity for candidates in Prestigious Jobs in Government organizations, PSU’s and the private sector.
- Even candidates with good GATE scores can go for higher studies and get a scholarship of 12,400 every month.
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates! It is mandatory to check out the Eligibility Criteria for the GATE 2023 before filing the application form.
- As per the new alterations in GATE 2023, the minimum qualification required for a candidate is 10+2+3. Students studying in the last year of undergraduate can apply for the entrance exam.
- The new criteria say that the students can apply for the combination of 2 subjects/papers from the prescribed GATE form.
- There is no age limit for applying to the GATE Exam.
- Indian Students and International students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates ( UAE) can apply for the GATE Entrance exam.
- Candidates passing/appearing from varied subjects like Commerce/Engineering/Arts/technology or PG in any discipline are considered eligible candidates.
- No prescribed attempt limit for the candidates. Those who pass the eligibility criteria can apply for the GATE exam.
GATE 2023 Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
International students. Who is aspiring for the GATE Exam must pass the below eligibility criteria?
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree or in the final or pre-final year of bachelor’s degree in technology or engineering.
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree or in the final or pre-final year of bachelor’s degree in any science discipline.
Scope of GATE Exam!
What’s your career plan? Want to be an Engineer? If “yes,” get ready for GATE 2023! Fill the application form for GATE, qualify for it and get admission to the top Engineering college. Check out the above updates for more information.