IIRF

Education News
DU Admissions for 2022-2023: Will be based on CUET! No more Cut-off

DU Admissions for 2022-2023: Will be based on CUET! No more Cut-off

Delhi University will be giving admission to its 2022-23 UG program via CUET. The practice of admission in the past was based on class 12th board marks cut-offs, but not anymore.

With the introduction of CUET (Central Universities Entrance Test) 2022 for the UG program admission in all the top central universities including Delhi University (DU) which used to give admission via high cuts, will now be a past thing, it is discontinued. The university has adopted CUET for giving admission to the 2022-2023 batch in the UG program. After years, DU has changed its admission criteria? So now what will be the new admission procedure at DU?

The candidates will be given the authority to appear for CUET only in those subjects which they have taken in their 12th. Even the gap year candidates are eligible to give the CUET exam. And those who have changed their streams will not face any challenges in the admission procedure. So, the DU website will run illustrative examples to give an idea about the new application and admission process.

Vice-Chancellor, Mr. Yogesh Singh regarded CUET as a landmark policy for the DU new academic year admissions. He stated apart from the National Collegiate Women’s Education Board and School of Open learning, all the other UG program’s admission via done by CUET. Those candidates applying for supernumerary seats, have to give the CUET exam as per their performance in exams. The varsity will organize an e-counseling round for the CUET qualified students, and for extra 30 students to allow them seats as cancellations happen, the college seats remain the same.

For getting admission to the 50% reserved seats in minority colleges, students will be preferred who will get 85% marks in their CUET exam. The remaining 15% of seats will be decided by colleges.

CUET 2022: Exam Pattern

The CUET exam will be divided into 3 important sections: The language test will be section 1, which judges the candidate’s vocabulary, reading comprehension, and other things involved in the language. The section of an optional test in one foreign language will be part of the exam.

To be eligible for DU admissions, the candidate must score 30% minimum marks in section 1. There will be a total of 27 domain subjects in the second section, among them the candidate has to choose any 6. General knowledge will be the third section to judge the candidate’s general knowledge and analytical skills. Those students, who want to get admission to DU BA (Hons) must choose Mathematics as one of the 6 domain subjects in the exam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.