As per the sources, UGC Chairperson in an interview said that The CUET will be organized in the first week of July and the application process will begin from the first week of April. From now, the college admissions will be granted based on CUET, not class 12 marks. This initiative will do away with the unwanted stress of getting high college cut-offs. The students will be relieved from the pressure of getting 100% marks.
Here are some important points in the big story:
- The CUET (Common University Education Test) will start in the first week of July after the 12th board exam gets over. The application for CUET will be conducted in the online mode and begin in the first week of April.
- The UGC chairperson said: the exam will be easy for the students in terms of technology and will be computer-based, MCQ type questions will be asked.
- Mr. Kumar said: it is not compulsory to have high-proficiency in computers. In today’s digital era, students are using smartphones. So they can go to the test centers. And, with the help of a mouse, can choose the answer in the MCQ.
- Mr. Kumar said: It is ridiculous to chase for 100% marks as many UG top universities give admissions based on high scores. The CUET will give a level-playing ground to all the students. He added: We hope from now on, students will give their best on learning something, rather than trying to score the highest percentage in their 12th board.
- NTA (National Test Agency) will be organizing the CUET for all the central universities. The education body is having words state, private universities, and deemed-to-be to grant students across the country admission in UG programs based on CUET scores.