Today, the COVID-19 crisis has impacted us in several ways; but thanks to the Internet we have learnt to not only overcome these challenges but also thrive under their premonitions. This year, a very large percentage of students will be receiving their bachelor’s degree after having attended an entire academic year online. Throughout this year there have been an ample amount of lectures, tests, quizzes and even projects. However, while this may seem like a novel idea, an Online Bachelor’s degree is something that has been around for a while now. In 2018, the University Grants Commission (UGC) allowed the pursual of online bachelor’s programs with rules and regulations set in place.
From basic certificate courses to universities that provide full-fledged undergraduate programs: online education has come a long way. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree online is extremely flexible, it can be adjusted throughout your day. Thiese advantages have, especially, come into light after the pandemic situation that has braced the country. An online bachelor’s program is specifically targetted to people who are pursuing an education degree while working. It also allows a student set his own pace, without having to worry about other students in the class.
While there are already several online bachelor’s courses available, this trend is expected to increase in the future as more and more people adapt to working from home. To put your inhibitions to the side, it is important to know that there is no compromise if you chose to pursue a program online. There are all sorts of degrees available for students: from Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Technology to Bachelor of Law. The options are limitless, they are affordable and easily accessible. Here’s a look at some prestigious universities providing online undergraduate programs:
1. IIT Madras: IIT Madras isn’t just one of the top technical universities of the country, but it is also the first IIT to welcome an online BSc program for undergratues. It specialises in Programming and Data Science, and has attracted a lot of attention since its inaugration: despite its high cost compared to other universities on the list.
2. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU): Also called the People’s University, IGNOU is one of India’s top institutions. Apart from providing offline courses, IGNOU also has BA, BCom, BCA programs for undergraduates. As an open university it specifically targets people who want to work as they pursue an education for better scope in the future.
3. Maharishi Dayanand University: MDU in Rohtak proveides 13 online/distance learning courses for undergraduates, they also include online therapy or learning programs, self-growth soft skills etc. They also provide courses in BE, BTech, BPharma and LLB.
4. Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy: SASTRA is a deemed to be University, and has been ranked as a top tier educational institution by Times Higher Education and QS. Alon with their excellent offline academic program they have chosen to impart educational degrees to students through online programs. They provide courses in BA, BBA and BCom.
5. Amity University: Amity University is one of the most renonwed private universities of India, the offer multiple online diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in BBA, BA, BCom and BCA. As Amity is a top-ranking private university the courses here are a bit on the pricier side. However, the online BBA program, specifically, is regarded highly.
6. Aligarh Muslim University: AMU was established in 1920, it is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities of the country. It is a university that has been regarded highly over the years, therefore their provision of an online program is incredible. Aligarh University offers multiple online courses in BCom and BA.
These are some of the best online colleges of the country. Apart from these, several other IITs and IIMs look forward to opening up more online bachelor’s degree programs. Apart from undergraduate courses, there are several PG courses that also provide online/distance learning. The cut offs for these online universities is generally lower, however the education that they provide is flawless, and with unlimited access to the internet. A student tends to learn a lot.
As the world continues to become more digital an online Bachelor’s degree is something that must be explored.