Plot No : 12 (A) Nijigada Kurki Harirajpur, Dist - Puri, Odisha, India - 752050
IIRF Rank 2021
XIM University (formerly known as Xavier University) is a private university which is situated in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha. It was established in 2014 as Xavier University, but later in 2021 it was renamed as XIM University and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is considered as one of the best business schools in India and offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in several specializations such as human settlement, sustainability management, rural development, business management, finance, computer science engineering, commerce, economics, liberal arts, and many more.
The professional courses like MBA and Engineering courses are the highlights of the university as it provides various campus placement opportunities for the students and they receive great packages, as the highest salary package at the university campus placement drive was Rs. 24 lakhs per annum. The university organizes various seminars, webinars, conferences, workshops, and industrial visits for the students that help the students develop critical thinking skills. Students have access to various industries that have tie ups with the university and they get an opportunity to get internship opportunities from them during their academic session.
The faculty members at the university are highly experienced and have doctoral degrees from the top universities around the globe, which authenticates their knowledge of the subjects. The students complete their academic session with a lot of knowledge and skills that help them in building their professional career. The university has a huge campus which is spread over an area of 55 acres and has all the facilities that are necessary for the smooth functioning of an educational organization. XIM University is ranked 108th in all India and the 3rd state university of Odisha by the IIRF University Rankings 2022, among the top universities in India.
The university offers various courses at different schools in several specializations. Some of them are mentioned below.
- The School of Human Settlement offers courses like MBA UMG, Master in URP, and Ph.D in various specializations of urban management and governance.
- The School of Sustainability offers UG, PG, and Ph.D programs in various specializations of sustainability management.
- The School of Communication offers courses like B.Sc, MA, and Ph.D in various specializations of mass communication, such as public relations, advertising, development communication, television, print media, radio, and many more.
- The School of Commerce offers courses like BBM, B.Com, M.Com, and Ph.D in various specializations such as human resources, finance, accounting, marketing, and many more.
- The School of Economics offers courses like B.Sc and M.Sc in economics.
- The School of Computer Science and Engineering offers B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D in various specializations such as computer science engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, and many more.
- The School of Liberal Arts offers bachelor of arts degrees in English and psychology.
The candidates need to follow the given procedure to get admission to the university.
- The candidates have to visit the official website of the university to apply online.
- The candidates have to register themselves first with their names, mobile numbers, and email IDs.
- The students have to verify their email IDs with the OPT and create a password that will be used for the further login and admission process.
- The candidates have to log in with their email IDS and password to fill in the application form with the required personal details and upload required documents like marksheets and certificates of the previous academic record, along with their photographs and signatures.
- The candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs. 1300 for one course and can add another course for Rs. 300 each to submit the application form .
- The candidates have to appear in the entrance examination organized by the university and need to score the cutoff marks.
- The students with the cutoff marks are called for counseling, which will include personal interviews and document verification.
- The university will release a merit list of the selected students who have to pay an admission fee to confirm their seats at the university.
Results and Cut Off
The students are given admission to the university on the basis of their scorecards in the 10th and 12th examinations along with the marks obtained in the entrance examinations conducted by the university.
Students with exceptional score cards in national level entrance examinations like JEE Mains, CAT, MAT, CMAT, CLAT, UGC NET/JRF and others are given direct admission at the university to the desired courses.
The eligibility criteria vary from course to course, and it's a necessary condition for admission to the university. Students need to pass the 10+2 or an equivalent level of examinations from a recognized board of education with at least 60% marks, and a relaxation of 5% marks is given to the reserve category students to get admission to an undergraduate course in engineering and business courses and 50% for other traditional courses. For the master's degree, students need to have an undergraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university in India or abroad with at least 55% marks, and a relaxation of 5% marks is given to the reserve category students. For admission to doctoral programs, students need to have a postgraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university with at least 55% marks.
The university is famous for the placement opportunities it provides to its students. The training and placement cell at the campus calls various recruiters for the campus placement drives that provide an opportunity for the students to start their professional career just after completing their educational session. The university has a record of placing 100% of its students in the campus placement drives. The highest salary package received by the student was 24 lakhs per annum, and the average salary package is around 15 lakhs per annum for an MBA in business management. The major recruiters of the university are Blue Star, Cognizant, Cadila, Becton Dickinson, Capgemini, Deloitte, Hexaware, HP, HCL, HSBC, ICICI Bank, Infosys, KPMG, Accenture, and many more.
The alumni of the university are working in various sectors of employment in many national and international organizations. Some of the notable alumni of the university are mentioned below.
- Amar Patnaik was a former Bureaucrat and Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha).
- Sonali Sukla has been appointed as the first-ever female Area Sales Manager at Royal Enfield.
- Nishant is the founder of Simply Interiors.
- Srikumar Misra is the Founder & CEO of Milk Mantra Dairy Pvt. Ltd. and has been featured in Forbes for his article- ‘There’s some dung around : Solving the dairy value chain problem.’
The campus of the university is located in the city of Bhubaneswar, Odisha, and spread over an area of 55 acres, which is filled with a lot of greenery and provides a fairly educational environment for the students. The university offers all the facilities like hostels, labs, library, mess, cafeteria, playgrounds, transportation, wi-fi campus, seminar hall, classrooms, and many more.
The university has sports facilities that promote the physical fitness of the students. The university hosts various sports tournaments of cricket, football, volleyball, and many more to engage students into academic sessions. The campus has gym facilities for students who wish to perform intense workouts.
The library on campus has more than 73,000 academic books that are used by the students to enhance their theoretical knowledge of the subjects. The library has various journals, research papers, magazines, and daily newspapers for the students. The digital section of the library offers various books in digital format.
The campus offers residences for the students, along with a dining facility that offers tasty and healthy meals for the students and staff. The cafeterias also offer some breakfast and snacks for the day scholars. The labs at the university are fully equipped with all the instruments and resources that are needed by the students for the practical's. The computer labs have the latest computers with the latest software and are always connected with the internet services.
- B.Com (Hons)
- BBM (Hons)
- BA LLB (Hons)
- BBA LLB (Hons)
- B.Sc Mass Communication (Hons)
- B.Sc Environmental Science (Hons)
- B.Sc Sustainable Development (Hons)
- B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Sc Economics (Hons)
- B.A Public Administration and Governance (Hons)
- B.A Psychology (Hons)
- B.A English (Hons)
- MBA Business Management
- Executive MBA Business Management
- MBA Human Resource Management
- MBA Rural Management
- MBA Sustainability Management
- MBA Urban Management & Governance
- Master of Business Finance
- M.A Mass Communication
- M.Tech in Data Science & Analytics
- Master in Urban & Regional Planning
- Master in Public Policy and Governance
- M.Sc Economics
- EPGDM - VIL Program
- Ph.D - Full Time through Xavier Institute of Management/ School of Human Resource Management/ School of Rural Management/ School of Human Settlements/ School of Sustainability/ School of Commerce/ School of Communications/ School of Computer Science and Engineering/ Xavier Law School/ School of Governance and Public Affairs
- Ph.D - Part Time through Xavier Institute of Management/ School of Human Resource Management/ School of Rural Management/ School of Human Settlements/ School of Sustainability/ School of Commerce/ School of Communications/ School of Computer Science & Engineering/ Xavier Law School/ School of Governance and Public Affairs.
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective