William Carey University
Nongmensong, Umkdait, Shillong, Meghalaya, India - 793019
IIRF Rank 2021
The William Carey University is a private state university which is situated in Shillong, Meghalaya and was established in 2005 by the Gazette of Meghalaya and later recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university offers various diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various specializations, such as engineering, management, commerce, science, arts, fashion designing, multimedia animation, hotel management, fire and safety, agriculture, computer science, and many more.
The university has four scholarship schemes, named The Alumni Scholarship, The Ambrose Memorial Art Scholarship, The Virginia Angelico and Joseph Franklin Tatum Scholarships, and The Asbury Endowed Com Scholarship, that offer financial assistance to students with excellent academic records and students coming from weaker financial backgrounds. The faculty members at the university have an exceptional set of knowledge in their recognized field of education and have a lot of experience in teaching. That helps students during their academic sessions and later in their professional careers.
The university organizes a number of seminars, webinars, workshops, live training programs, and guest lectures from industrial experts that help students to understand the practicality of the subjects. The university offers internship opportunities for students that later help them in their campus placement drives. The university prepares their students with personality development classes that help them develop their all round personality, which is needed in the corporate world. The campus of the university has all the necessary facilities that are needed to run an educational firm. The William Carey University is ranked 34th in all India and the 1st state university in Meghalaya by the IIRF University Rankings 2022, among the top universities in India.
The university offers a number of courses under various faculties in several specializations. Some of them are mentioned below.
- The Faculty of Arts offers courses like BA, BSW, MA, MSW, M.Phil, and Ph.D in various specializations such as criminology, drawing, economics, education, English, environmental management, geography, Hindi, history, music, political science, and many more.
- The Faculty of Commerce offers courses like B.Com, diploma, M.Com, and Ph.D in various specializations such as accounting, taxation, investment, and many more.
- The Faculty of Science offers courses like B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D in various specializations such as physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, mathematics, microbiology, biochemistry, forensic science, home science, and many more.
- The Faculty of Computer Science offers courses like B.Sc, BCA, MCA, M.Sc, and Ph.D in various specializations of computer science.
- The Faculty of Engineering offers courses like Diploma, B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D in various specializations such as computer engineering, civil engineering, cement engineering, information technology, mine engineering, electrical engineering, mine engineering, mechanical engineering, and many more.
- The Faculty of Management offers courses like BBA, MBA, and Ph.D in various specializations such as finance, marketing, human resources, hotel management, and many more.
The candidates need to follow the given procedure to gain admission to the university.
- The candidates can apply in both online and offline modes.
- The candidates have to visit the official website of the university and then visit the admission section.
- The candidates have to apply separately for UG, PG, and Ph.D courses.
- The candidates have to fill in an application form with the required details and upload the necessary documents like marksheets and certificates of their previous academic records along with their photographs, signatures, domicile, and caste certificate for the relaxation in marks.
- The candidates have to pay an application fee to submit their application form.
- The university will select the candidates on the basis of their application forms for the UG and PG courses.
- The university will contact the selected candidates through the contact information given in the application form.
- The candidates will be called for document verification and will have to pay the admission fee to confirm their seats at the university.
Results and Cut Off
The university offers admissions to students in UG and PG courses on the basis of their previous academic records and the number of applicants who have applied for the courses. The university organizes an entrance examination for the admission of doctoral programs.
The university offers merit based admission in both undergraduate and postgraduate programs and also prefers students with valid score cards in the national entrance examinations.
The students must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent level of examinations from a recognized board of education with at least 45% marks to get admission to an undergraduate course. A relaxation of 5% marks is given to reserve category students. For a master’s degree, students need to have an undergraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university with at least 50% marks. For doctoral programs, students should have a postgraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university with at least 55% marks, and a relaxation of 5% marks is given to the reserve category students.
The university has a training and placement cell that prepares the students to be able to participate in the competitive corporate world. The cell allows students to go through various steps of training to understand how to build a resume and what essentials are required to be added there. They run various programs like mock interviews, aptitude tests, and personality development classes to bring about an overall change in the personalities of the students. The university organizes various campus placement drives for students in their final years. The major recruiters of the university are Mahindra, Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Hyundai, and many more.
The alumni of the university are the connections between the university and the corporate world. The university organizes several programs to stay connected with them because they help in the recruitment process. The university's alumni are working in various sectors of employment in national and multinational companies. Some of the notable alumni of the university are mentioned below.
- Khairul Nisa is working as a Senior Quality Analyst at Unacademy.
- Vivek Bansal is working as a Team Leader at Whirlpool Service Center.
- Avneet Singh is working as a Relationship Manager at Kotak Mahindra Bank.
The campus of the university is located in the beautiful location of Shillong, Meghalaya, and has a beautiful environment in the hills. The campus is near the touristic places of Meghalaya that offer students the opportunity to enjoy their academic sessions with fun. The campus offers the facilities of a library, labs, seminar hall, canteen, playgrounds, classrooms, and many more.
The university has a library that offers a lot of books to the students and helps them in their academic process. The library is also available in digital mode, where the students have access to all the books in digital format. The library is used by the students to get theoretical knowledge from the academic books, journals, magazines, and research papers available in the stacks.
The university has a playground that offers sports facilities for the students and encourages physical fitness in them. The university has a canteen that offers snacks, tea, coffee, and other refreshments to the students and staff. The seminar hall at the campus hosts several events and programs during the academic sessions.
The laboratories at the campus are equipped with the latest equipment and all the necessary resources that are required to complete the practical's of the students. The university offers transportation services for students and staff that offer quick mobility all around the city.
- Diploma in Animation
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Diploma in Textile Designing
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Art & Craft
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic & Comm. Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Petrochemical Engineering
- Diploma in Mine Engineering
- Diploma in Cement Technology
- Diploma in Fire Safety & Hazard Management
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Taxation
- Diploma in Investment
- Diploma in Accounting
- B.Sc Animation
- B.A Fashion Marketing & Promotion
- B.Sc Fashion Technology
- B.Sc Fashion Designing
- B.Sc Textile Designing
- B.Sc Interior Designing
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mine Engineering
- B.Tech in Cement Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Sc + HMCTT
- B.Tech in Fire Technology & Safety
- B.Sc Fire Safety & Hazard Management
- B.Sc Agriculture
- B.Tech Agriculture
- B.Sc IT
- B.Sc Computer Science
- B.Sc (CBZ)
- B.Sc (PCM)
- B.Sc (PCB)
- B.Sc Home Science
- B.Sc Microbiology / Bio-Technology
- B.Com Computer
- B.A (General)
- BSW (Bachelor of Social Work)
- M.Sc Animation
- M.Sc Fashion Designing
- M.Sc Textile Designing
- M.Sc Interior Designing
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- M.Tech in Electronic & Comm. Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Science
- M.Tech in Information Technology
- M.Tech in Industrial Engineering & Management
- M.Tech in HighWay Technology
- M.Sc + HMCTT
- MBA (HR/ Finance/ Marketing)
- MBA Executive (HR/ Finance/ Marketing)
- M.Tech Agriculture (Farm Machinery and Power Engineering/ Processing and Food Engineering)
- M.Sc Agriculture (Horticulture & Agronomy)
- M.Sc IT
- M.Sc Computer Science
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Sc Zoology
- M.Sc Microbiology / Bio-Technology
- M.Sc Home Science
- M.Sc Forensic Science
- M.Sc Geology
- M.Sc Environment Science
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.A Education
- M.A Environmental Management
- M.A Hindi
- M.A English
- M.A Political Science
- M.A History
- M.A Philosophy
- M.A Sociology
- M.A Geography
- M.A Economics
- M.A Public Administration
- M.A Psychology
- Master of Social Work
- M.A Rural Development
- M.A Music
- M.A Drawing
- M.A Criminology
- PG Diploma in Animation
- PG Diploma in Fashion Designing
- PG Diploma in Textile Designing
- PG Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Ph.D (Engineering)
- Ph.D (Management)
- Ph.D (Agriculture)
- Ph.D (Computer Science)
- Ph.D (Science )
- Ph.D (Commerce)
- M.Phil (Commerce)
- M.Phil (Computer Science)
- M.Phil (Arts)
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective