Sikkim Manipal University
5th Mile, Upper Tadong, Tadong, Gangtok, Sikkim, India - 737102
IIRF Rank 2021
Sikkim Manipal University is situated in the city of Gangtok, Sikkim, and was established in 1995 under the government-private university of the state and later recognized by the University Grant Commission. The university was the first full-fledged university in the region.
The university offers a total of 57 courses leading to diplomas, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees in various specializations. The university has the traditional courses along with MBBS and MS in several specific subjects.
The university is known for its scholarship facility for students with good academic records, as the university offers approximately 15 crore rupees in scholarships to students in one academic session. Extra 30% scholarship to the students having the scorecard on top.
The faculty at the university are well experienced and knowledgeable in their recognized fields. They provide the best academic knowledge along with practical skills in labs. The university also organizes several live training and seminars for the skill development of the students.
The university offers various courses in several specializations; some of them are mentioned here.
● The university offers various courses in Humanities and Social Sciences like Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Master of Commerce, NCCMP - Certificate Course, and CSSPD - Certificate Course.
● The university offers medical courses like MBBS, MD/MS in several specializations of subjects.
● The university also offers B.Sc and M.Sc in Nursing.
● The university also provides biotechnology courses like B.Sc. Medical Biotechnology, M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology, Diploma in Medical Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology (Cert.), Microbial Biotechnology (Cert.), Plant Biotechnology (Cert.), Animal Biotechnology (Cert.), Biotechnology & Ethics (Cert.), and Value-added prog (Inst, research method) (Cert.).
● The Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology offers engineering courses in various specializations like, computer science, mechanical, civil, and many more.
The students have to follow the given procedure to get admission to the university.
● The students have to apply online through the official websites.
● The students need to fill in the application form completely with the required information like personal details and academic records.
● The students have to choose the desired course and fulfill the eligibility requirements, if required.
● The application fee needs to be paid to complete the form.
● After submission of the application form, the university will release the admit card for the entrance exam.
● The candidate needs to appear in the entrance exam to proceed further.
● After securing a cutoff mark, the student is called for offline counseling with the required documents like marksheets and certificates.
● The university then releases the final list of the admitted students, and the students need to submit the admission fee to confirm their admission.
Results and Cut Off
The university offers admission on the basis of academic records and the entrance test. They also prefer candidates who have valid marksheets in government entrance tests like JEE Mains, NEET, CAT, and some other state-level exams. The students need to have a minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 if they wish to study engineering at the university. For MBBS, the candidate must have completed 10+2 with 50% marks, and the primary subjects should be physics, chemistry, and biology. A relaxation of 10% is given to the candidates belonging to the reserve categories of SC/ST or OBC. Physically handicapped candidates are supposed to get a relaxation of 5%. Other traditional courses are filled on the merit of the students applying for the specific course.
The placement at the university is good as the students here get more than one offer in their hand during their academic session. The university has a good placement record and that could be credited to the international tie-ups with different institutes and industries. They provide training to the students in the modern style of working in the industrial and corporate fields, which makes them ready to work with any of the organizations during their academic session. Companies prefer to hire skilled candidates from universities.
The main recruiters of the university are Microsoft, Amazon, Cognizant, Godrej,IBM, Wipro, TCS, and many more.
The alumni of Sikkim Manipal University are spread all over the world, working in every sector of government and private employment. Here are some of the notable alumni of this university.
- Rahul Prasad is the Co-Founder of Bobble AI.
- Mehul Chawla is the Head of Strategy and Marketing at Honeywell Advanced Materials.
- Avipsha Thakur is the Founder of Bunavat.
- Harsh Singh is in Deal Advisory at KPMG.
- Priyanka Paul is an Associate Vice President at Paytm Payments Bank.
The campus of Sikkim Manipal University is located in the beautiful region of Gangtok, and the campus is in a sub-urban area, which means it is away from the pollution of the cities but gets the facilities of the city like regular electricity and water.
The university provides separate hostels for boys and girls. The rooms are big with chairs, beds, lights, and a fan facility. The campus is wi-fi enabled and the students have free access to it till the end of their academic session.
The university also enables the students to use the gym for their physical fitness. The sports ground here offers various games that keep the students engaged and let them focus on the academic courses. Indoor sports are also popular at the university and the hostel students have direct access to them.
A library and a separate laboratory for each subject are provided to the students, with an instructor who helps the students use all the facilities in the best way. The library has academic books along with books from other fields, which students can choose according to their own interests.
- Diploma in Medical Biotechnology
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech CSE (Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
- B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Information Technology
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- B.Sc Chemistry (Hons)
- B.Sc Mathematics
- B.Sc Medical Biotechnology
- B.Sc MLT
- B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Anesthesia & OT Technician
- B.Sc Cardiovascular Technology
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.A Hons ( English, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology)
- B.Com Hons (Accounting, Finance)
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
- M.Tech Digital Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.Tech Power Electronics
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Tech Structural Engineering
- M.S (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- M.D (Biochemistry)
- M.S (ENT)
- M.D (Microbiology)
- M.D (Community Medicine)
- M.D (General Medicine)
- M.D (Psychiatry)
- M.D (Paediatrics)
- M.D (Physiology)
- M.D (Pharmacology)
- M.D (Anaesthesiology)
- M.S (Orthopaedics)
- M.Sc Medical – Biotechnology
- M.Sc Nursing
- M.A English
- M.A Political Science
- M.A Sociology
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective