Gat No. 1270, Lavale, Off. Pune Bangalore Highway, Pune, Maharashtra, India - 412115
IIRF Rank 2021
As India's pioneer of liberal education, Flame University is known for its innovative teaching methods. This university was established in 2015 with a vision to a social commitment to make a positive contribution to society. The aim of Liberal Education at this university is to go beyond the systematic and strictly encapsulated forms of knowledge that are extremely common. The goal is to provide students with an exciting and engaging learning experience. The Flame University provides a strong foundation for students who are eager to learn and grow on a consistent basis, who value innovation, who value diversity, and who strive for excellence in all aspects of life.
Flame University has taken an oath to help students in their way of finding their true selves and purposes. This university is growing at its full pace. Flame University has 5 schools: FLAME School of Liberal Education, FLAME School of Computing and Data Sciences, FLAME School of Business, FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of Design, Art & Performance and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The faculty of this university is a well-respected team of academics and researchers whose teaching is enhanced by the relevance of their academic knowledge and real-world experience. They are not only excellent teachers but also caring mentors for their students. Members of the faculty also have a strong international academic background, knowledge, and experience. This university offers various courses. Candidates can construct their own major-minor combination from over 300 options, with over 20 majors to choose from and each having a minimum of 13 comparable minors.
The placement cell of this university aims at helping students locate recruiters who match their skill set. They assist students in defining their professional goals and attempting to achieve them by connecting them with the finest available work opportunities. The Summer Internship Program (SIP) is a component of the undergraduate degree program that focuses on experiential learning. It allows students to become a vital part of real-life scenarios that not only provide practical learning but also provide them with a front-row seat to future professional options they choose to pursue.
- The motto of Flame University is to provide its students with a liberal education. Liberal education promotes a learning system that enables students to choose from a wide range of courses and caters to the student's demand for discovery and exploration. Students can take a wide range of courses into consideration and can wander through many different streams of knowledge to find out what their passion is and which stream they respond to.
- The curriculum of each course is well structured and well prepared by brilliant minds from all over the world.
- Liberal education aims to provide an educational experience that promotes a curious mind, critical reasoning, self-reflection, leadership and collaborative, a sense of commitment abilities and expertise, and increased sensitivity to one's cultural context. It emphasizes the construction of a learning environment in which the student is responsible for their own learning and the teacher's function is to assist the process.
- Experiential learning programs are available to students alongside academic courses. These programs include Development Activities Programs (DAP), Discover India Programs (DIP), and Summer Internship Programs (SIP).
- Faculty members of this university are from well-renowned institutions with rich academic and research backgrounds.
- Hand-on experience is a very important component of the education system at this university. To serve this purpose, a lot of workshops, internship programs are arranged by the university in association with other companies.
- FLAME Scholars Program: The FLAME Scholars Program is a one-year post-graduate diploma program that prepares students with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in their chosen field.
For taking admission at this university everyone must fill up the admission form available on the university's official website. While filling up the application form candidates have to provide entrance level tests scores, personal contact details, educational qualifications, achievements/ extracurricular activities and statement of purpose, etc. Admission to FLAME University is contingent upon qualifying for the admission test. The FLAME Entrance Aptitude Test is their own admissions test (FEAT). Admission is also based on SAT/ACT scores. Candidates must indicate whether they want to participate in FEAT on the application form.
FEAT: FLAME Entrance Aptitude Test is a screening test for admission at Flame University.
This test is comprised of three steps -
- Aptitude and General Knowledge Test
- Essay writing
- One-way Video Interview
Only Essay / One-way Video interviews will be conducted for candidates who have submitted their SAT/ACT scores (FEAT is optional for them).
Candidates who qualify for this screening test and are eligible for admission will receive their offer by letter via mail. Then they have to accept the offer and pay the fees.
Results and Cut Off
For admissions at Flame University, applicants must have 10+2 or equivalent education from any recognized board in the country. However, scores above 45% in higher secondary school with English can help secure acceptance into most of the undergraduate courses offered by the institution. SAT/ ACT/ FEAT scores are a must in order to get admission.
Mock interviews and workshops are held by Flame University to help students prepare for their placement interviews. Students can use the training courses to improve their communication skills, learn what to expect in interviews, and how to prepare for them. In recent years, this university has been honored to have some of India's and the world's most prestigious companies as recruiters.
Flame undergraduate students have made the university proud throughout the years by attending prestigious universities around the world and working for some of the world's most prestigious corporations. Upon graduation, alumni stay in contact with their university. Visiting the alumni profiles of this university can give one a clear insight into campus life at this university.
Some of the notable alumni are:
- Aditya Ashok Balu
- Vrinda Chokhani
- Sujanya Ravishankar
- Anisha Sircar
- Aarathi Ganesan
- Sharanya Menon
- Neha Mubeen
- Vishal George
Flame University has 60 acres of a campus full of greenery. The tranquil atmosphere of this university is the key to the educational environment. This university offers housing facilities with well-furnished rooms and advanced facilities to both of their students and faculties as needed. One of the unique infrastructures of this university is its recreation spaces- The Plaza and the Kund. After a long day of work, students require time and space to recharge and unwind. In addition, informal talks with professors can occasionally aid in the formation of friendship bonds. FLAME University provides recreational spaces to foster an open atmosphere of ideas and opinions. 24*7 medical and ambulance facilities are also available.
There are a lot of sporting facilities available on the campus of this university - a cricket ground, a football ground, a badminton court, a basketball court, a volleyball court, a tennis court, even a golf ground is available. Apart from that, there is a swimming pool and a gym on campus to keep students mentally and physically fit.
- B.A (Economics)
- B.A (Psychology)
- B.A (Literacy & Cultural Studies)
- B.A (International Studies)
- B.A (Environmental Studies)
- B.A (Journalism)
- B.A (Public Policy)
- B.A (Sociology)
- B.A (Hons) Economics
- B.Sc (Applied Mathematics)
- B.Sc (Data Science & Economics)
- B.Sc (Computer Science)
- B.Sc (Computer Science and Design)
- B.Sc (Hons) Computer Science
- BBA (Finance, Business Analytics, Marketing, HR Management, Entrepreneurship, Operations, General Management, Design Management)
- BBA (CM) Advertising & Branding, Digital Marketing & Communications, Film & TV Management, Communication Studies)
- MBA Communications Management
- PG Program in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- M.Sc Economics
- Ph.D in Management
- Ph.D in Economics
- Ph.D in Psychology
- Ph.D in Data Science
- Ph.D in Environmental Studies
- Ph.D in Humanities
- Ph.D in Sociology
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective