398, Ramkrishnapur Road, Barasat, Kolkata, W.B, India - 700125
IIRF Rank 2021
Brainware University is situated in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, and was established as a private university in 2016. The university has its roots in an organization 33 years old, which has graduated over 2 lakhs students. The university offers 55 different courses in diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D.
The university offers degrees in various disciplines, such as engineering, management, commerce, science and arts & humanities. The faculty members are well experienced and carry great knowledge in their recognized fields. The students are equipped with practical knowledge in the laboratories along with knowledgeable theory classes.
The university also gives special emphasis to research by providing a doctor of philosophy in some subjects. The placement cell at the university provides all-round personality development of the students that helps in the campus placement drives.
The university believes in generating an entrepreneurial spirit among the students that will surely lead them to generate employment in the future. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) at the university focuses on providing students training that will help them to create new startups.
The university offers admission to students from all corners of the world. The campus provides several facilities like a hostel, a library, transport, sports, a gym and many more.
The university offers various courses under different faculty in several specializations. Some of them are mentioned below.
● The university offers diplomas in engineering in various specializations such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Communication Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
● The School of Medical & Allied Health Sciences offers diplomas in Pharmaceutical Technology, Allied Health Sciences, and Nursing.
● The School of Engineering offers B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science engineering in various specializations such as Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, and Data Science.
● The School of Biotechnology & Bioscience offers a B.Sc (H) in Biotechnology and an M.Sc in various specializations.
● The School of Management & Commerce offers BBA, B.COM, and MBA programs in various specializations such as Finance and Banking, Hotel Management, and Digital Marketing.
● The School of Law offers LLB, BA LLB, BBA LLB, and LLM courses.
● The School of Medical & Allied Health Science offers B.Pharma, M.Pharma, and other nursing programs in various specializations.
● The School of Humanities & Social Sciences offers a BA and an MA in English.
● The university also offers Ph.D programs in various specializations such as commerce, management, computer science, mathematics, and many more.
The candidates have to follow the given process to get admission to the university.
● The candidates have to apply online for admission, and for that, one has to visit the official website of the university.
● The candidate needs to fill in the online application form with the required personal details and documents.
● On the payment of the application fee, the form will be submitted.
● The students will have to appear in the university entrance exam to proceed further.
● After securing the cutoff marks, the student will be called for the counseling process, which will be in online mode.
● The students will be asked to send in their previous academic record certificates and marksheets through email.
● The students will be asked to pay the admission fee and have to send the payment details to the university email address to complete the admission process.
● The university will issue an admission letter and that will confirm the admission.
Results and Cut Off
The students need to have at least 55% marks in 10+2 or equivalent level of examination with 45% marks in physics, chemistry, and math for admission in the graduation course of engineering. For BBA, the students are required to have 50% marks in the 10+2 level of examinations. Other courses have their own cutoffs, which vary with the marks obtained by the students in entrance exams.
The university offers campus placement drives for students to get placed during their academic session. The university has seen an excellent number of placements in the last few years. 92% of students got placed in 2018, 95% of students got placed in 2019, 97% of students got placed in 2020, and an all-time high of 98% of students got placed in 2021 through campus placement drives. The positive increase in the numbers can be seen as a good sign for the students. The highest package offered at the university was 16 lakhs per annum from Adobe, with an average salary package of 3.5 lakhs per annum. The major recruiters of this university are Capgemini, Wipro, Infosys, Adobe, TCS and many more.
The alumni cell at the university connects all its alumni who are working in different sectors of employment to keep a relationship with the corporate world. The alumni represent the college in the outer world, which forms a trust in recruiters to come for the placement drives. The alumni take part in the events and stay connected with the university.
The campus of the university is located in Kolkata, West Bengal and has a number of facilities like hostels, ATMs, food courts, gym, common rooms, sports, seminar halls, auditorium and many more. The university has a campus that is suitable for academic purposes. The university provides a library that has a lot of academic books that students have direct access to, and they can borrow the books for one semester. Along with the academic books, the library has many journals, famous novels, bestsellers, and award-winning books.
There is a gym and a sports ground at the university campus, which are used by the students for their physical fitness, and it also helps them to stay engaged in different activities to reduce the mental burden of academic education. Apart from physical fitness, the university gives special emphasis on mental health. Every student has direct access to the consultant. They can meet with them anytime during their academic session.
The university has a seminar hall with a seating capacity of 100, which is used for organizing small events, seminars, and live training programs. A big auditorium with a seating capacity of 1,000 is used for bigger events like annual parties and other big events.
The university has a fully wi-fi enabled campus, which provides internet access to the students and staff. Regular medical camps are organized for the students to keep them away from getting ill and let them focus on academics.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma Lateral in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma Lateral in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma Lateral in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Robotics and Automation
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in MLT
- Diploma in Radiography (Diagnostics)
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Lateral
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Data Science
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering Data Science Lateral
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering All Courses
- B.Tech Robotics & Automation
- B.Sc (Hons) Biotechnology
- B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture
- B.Sc (Hons) Food Nutrition & Dietetics
- BBA in Digital Marketing
- BBA in Hospital Management
- B.Com (Hons) Accounts, Finance & Banking
- BBA LLB
- B.A LLB
- B.Pharma (along with value added course: Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management)
- B.Pharma (Lateral Entry)
- B.Optom (Lateral Entry)
- BPT (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc MLT
- B.Sc Medical Lab Technology (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc Physician Assistant
- B.Sc Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology
- B.Sc Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc Critical Care Technology (Lateral Entry)
- Paramedical All Courses
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc (Hons) Advanced Networking & Cyber Security
- B.Sc (Hons) Animation & Multimedia
- B.Sc (Hons) Media Science & Journalism
- B.A (Hons) English
- B.Sc (Hons) Psychology
- M.Tech Computer Science Engineering Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- M.Tech Industrial Robotics & Automation
- M.Sc Microbiology
- M.Sc Biotechnology
- MBA in Hospital & Healthcare Management
- M.Sc Advance Networking & Cyber Security
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Animation & Multimedia
- M.Sc Media Science & Journalism
- M.A English
- M.Sc Applied Psychology
- Ph.D in Mathematics
- Ph.D in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Ph.D in Computer Science & Engineering
- Ph.D in Management
- Ph.D in Commerce
- Ph.D in Computer Science
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective