Babu Banarasi Das University
BBD City, Faizabad Road, Lucknow, U.P, India - 226028
IIRF Rank 2021
The Babu Banarasi Das University is a private state university which is situated in the capital city of Uttar Pradesh and was established in 2010 by Akhilesh Das. The university is named after Ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Babu Banarasi Das. The university is authorized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in various specializations such as engineering, dental science, basic science, management, commerce, pharmacy, computer applications, legal studies, hotel management, and many more.
There are more than 20,000 students from India and abroad currently studying at the university, and the university has more than 100,000 alumni who are doing great in their personal and professional careers. The university has collaborations with 14 international universities, like Alliant International University, USA; Jonkoping International Business School, Sweden; FTMS Global Academy, Singapore; and others that help in the exchange of students, faculties, resources, and knowledge. There are some industrial collaborations that help the university in organizing workshops, live training programs, and guest lectures from industrial experts that help students develop critical thinking capabilities in real life situations.
The university offers scholarship schemes for students from minority sections, students from the weaker financial sections, scholarships to all category students, and others for the students of each course. The faculty members at the university have an exceptional set of knowledge and carry a lot of experience that helps students throughout their academic session. The campus of the university has all the necessary facilities that are needed for the smooth functioning of an educational organization. Babu Banarasi Das University is ranked 57th in all India and the 7th state university of Uttar Pradesh by the IIRF University Rankings 2022, among the top universities in India.
The university offers a number of courses at various schools in several specializations. Some of them are mentioned below.
- The School of Engineering offers courses like B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D in various specializations such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics communication engineering, computer science engineering, civil engineering, and many more.
- The School of Management offers courses like B.Com, BBA, MBA, and Ph.D in various specializations such as finance, accounting, human resources, strategy management, and many more.
- The School of Dental Science offers courses like BDS and MDS in various specializations such as oral medicine, oral surgery, public health, and many more.
- The School of Computer Applications offers courses like BCA, MCA, and Ph.D in various specializations such as data science, artificial intelligence, cyber security, forensics, and many more.
- The School of Basic Science offers courses like B.Sc and M.Sc in various specializations such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, and many more.
- The School of Humanity and Social Sciences offers courses like BA and MA in journalism and mass communication.
- The School of Pharmacy offers courses like B.Pharma and Ph.D in various specializations such as pharmaceuticals, pharmacology, medicine, and many more.
The candidates need to follow the given process to get admission to the university.
- The candidates are advised to fill in an enquiry form before registering themselves on the official website of the university.
- The counselor will be in contact with the candidates at the given mobile number in the enquiry form.
- The candidates can directly fill in the registration form, which will include the application form.
- The candidates have to provide the required personal details and upload the necessary documents like marksheets and certificates of their previous academic records along with the other required documents.
- The candidates have to pay a registration charge of Rs. 500, which will be adjusted into the admission fee.
- The candidates have to appear in the national level entrance examinations like JEE Mains, CAT, and NEET for the required professional courses.
- The university will ask for a counseling process and will verify all the documents.
- The university will release a merit list of the selected candidates who have to pay an admission fee to confirm their seats in the university.
Results and Cut Off
The students are given admissions on the basis of the required eligibility criteria for each course, the merit of previous academic records, and rankings in the national level entrance examinations like JEE Mains, NEET, CAT, NET/JRF and others.
The university prefers JEE Mains and GATE scorecards for admissions into engineering courses. For medical courses, students are required to have a valid scorecard in the NEET UG or NEET PG entrance examinations. The management courses require students to have appeared in one of the entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, and others.
The students need to have passed 10+2 or an equivalent level of examination from a recognized board of education with at least 50% marks to get admission to an undergraduate program. For a postgraduate degree, students need to have an undergraduate degree in a similar specialization from a recognized university with at least 55% marks for engineering courses and 50% marks for management courses. The university follows the norms of the UGC in the admission of Ph.D programs.
The university has a training and placement cell that works regularly to ensure the placement of students. From preparing students to be industry ready to organizing campus placement drives, the growth of the university in placing students in various multinational companies could be seen in a positive way. The highest package received by any student in the current session is Rs 44.15 lakhs per annum. Last year, the highest package was Rs 22 lakh per annum. The university placed a total of 1285 students from the last academic session. The major recruiters of the university are Nestle, Shopper’s Stop, Vishal, Cognizant, Colgate, Tommy Hilfigher, Infosys, HCL, Big Bazar, and many more.
The university has many remarkable alumni who are currently working with various reputed organizations all around the globe. Some of the notable alumni of the university are mentioned below.
- Shrut Kirti Somvanshi is currently working as an IPS Officer for the Indian Government.
- Abhishek Kumar Singh is currently working as an IPS officer and has secured rank 240 in UPSC.
The campus of the university is located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and has a huge campus filled with different kinds of trees and open areas with a pure and lovely environment. The university has many facilities like hostels, cafeterias, temple, transportation, BBD FM, auditorium, sports, library, health facilities, student mall, banking facility, security, and many more.
The hostels at the university are divided into different blocks for boys and girls. The university offers accommodation to more than 1000 girls and 2000+ boys. The mess at the university offers healthy and nutritious food for the students, considering their health and saving them from diseases. In the meantime, the cafeteria at the university has a vibe of chilling with friends with some snacks, tea, and coffee.
The university has an FM service whose frequency is 90.8 MHz and runs various awareness programs related to health, education, government schemes, and many other informative things for the public to address the social issues and upliftment of society. The auditorium at the university has a huge seating capacity of 1,000, where the university hosts various programs for the students.
The university has a stadium that has an audience capacity of 20,000, which is used for hosting a lot of sports tournaments that encourage students to participate in sports activities and be physically fit and mentally active. The university has a shopping complex for the students that offers all the necessary items needed by them. The university has a branch of Punjab National Bank and ATM that offers banking facilities to the students.
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering)
- B.Tech Lateral Entry (Electronics and Communications Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering)
- BBA (Professional)
- BBA (Logistics and Supply Chain Management)
- BBA Business Analytics (in collaboration with IBM)
- B.Com (Hons)
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- BCA in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- BCA in Cyber Security & Forensics
- BBA + LLB
- BA + LLB
- B.Sc (Hons)
- M.Tech (Electronics and Communications Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering)
- Masters in Urban and Regional Planning
- Master of Architecture Landscape
- Masters in Interior Design
- MCA in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Ph.D in Engineering
- Ph.D in Education
- Ph.D in Management
- Ph.D in Pharmacy
- Ph.D in Basic Sciences
- Ph.D in Computer Applications
- YesScholarship AvailabilityExcellentResearch Perspective