Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science was established in the year 1952 and is ranked amongst the top 30-40 colleges by independent bodies on the national level, including the IITs and NITs. This is one of the best institutes of science and technology that you can look forward to study from. The best part of this institute is that it will help its candidates to develop their knowledge in the field of science, technology, and management with an application-oriented curriculum. This is the reason why it has completed a glorious journey of sixty long years. It is one of the best AICTE approved colleges in the country. In the year of 1989, SGSITS got approved as an autonomous institute.
The institute offers 10 regular and 4 part-time undergraduate courses and PG programs in 22 specializations. You would also find two part-time postgraduate courses in different disciplines on offer. The various courses on offer belong to all emerging fields like technology, engineering, computer application, management, and pharmacy. The institute’s infrastructure boasts of airy and spacious classrooms, four boys hostels and, some of the state-of-art laboratories. The institute also encompasses 44 quarters for its faculty members, three girls hostels, one central library, and one transit hostel. The collection of books in its library is enormous.
Vision & Mission
This is one of the front-line institutions of the country that has provided significant contributions in the field of science and technology over the past few years. The main mission of this institute is to provide the chances for socio-economic growth by creating experts in the field of science and technology. Its mission is to face challenging situations by imparting human values for your growth. It provides a wide variety of professional assistance to students all around the country.
Research and Developments
Research and development is one of the core features of this institute. The areas of major research undertaken in the institute are Applied Physics and Optoelex, Pharmacy, and Mechanical engineering. All the projects that this institute offers are mainly application-oriented, to develop the concepts of the students in a better manner.
The placement cell of this institute is quite strong as some of the well-known names in the industry hire candidates from this institute every year. The companies that are associated with this institute are as follows.
- Accenture India Pvt. Ltd.
- Adani Group
- Adecco India
- Aditya Birla Cement
- Akash Educational services
- Adobe Systems India Pvt. Ltd.
- Padma Shri Deepak B. Pathak, a computer scientist and academic, graduated third in his class with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from SGSITS, Indore.
- Digvijay Singh, the Member of Parliament in the Rajya Sabha, the 14th Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, obtained his B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from SGSITS, Indore.
- Rohidas Patil, the 6 times MLA, an Indian National Congress leader and former minister, studied at SGSITS.
- Bala Bachchan, former Minister of Home Affairs of Madhya Pradesh government, got his B.E. from the institute.
- Praveen Kankariya, the CEO of Impetus, is a proud patron of SGSITS, Indore.