Development of the core India is the motto that made the Institute of Rural Management Anand get established. It was founded in 1979 with a dream to develop the rural parts of India with its culture. Institute of Rural Management Anand offers management programs that teach socio-economic management. The government of India has also been a significant support to this institution along with the Indian Dairy Corporation and the National Dairy Development Board.
The institution offers postgraduate diploma programs and management development programs. Apart from that, they offer a fellow programme in rural management as well. To enroll for the PG diploma courses, a Bachelors’s degree is mandatory. In the case of Fellow Programmers in Rural Management, a post-graduation or an equivalent degree is required. The Management Development programmes are specially designed for professionals who want to develop new skills for a better position in the company. Overall courses are mainly designed for rural management and bringing a new way of earning for common folks.
Research and development
The institution runs several research and consultancy projects as well. The majority of the research projects are funded by the convergent and several funding agencies. But the Institute of Rural Management Anand also runs some research projects by self-funding. The recent research topics are the vulnerability of small farmers to climate change in Nepal,
India’s energy data etc.
The Institute of Rural Management Anand runs a record of maximum placement for its students. Almost all of the students get out of college with at least one job in hand. The average salary offered to the students is about 10.8 lakhs per annum. Depending on the job profile and degree of studies, the salary also increases. They are associated with several brands and recruiters that make students placement easier. Some of the brands are Amul, ITC Limited, Mother Dairy, Big Basket, Grofers, IDFC Bank, Induslnd Bank, Yes Bank, Godrej, Agrigento, Future group, UNICEF, Kantor, KPMG, Metro, Reliance Foundation, Cargill, Fullerton India, Seed works, Tata Trusts, Pidilite, IWMI, Reliance General Insurance, Federal Bank, Tata AIG, Zuari, Vivriti, NBHC, Precision Agriculture for Development, etc.
- A. Srinivasa Romanian, a former PRM1 student is currently working with Amani Agrifresh Ltd. in Ahmedabad.
- C. P. Mohan is presently working with the NABARD Various States.
- Nikhil Kumar R. Bhalja is presently working at Party Fair.
- Maitrayee Mukherjee, a former student of FPRM2, is now working at IIM Kashipur.
- Addendum Shekhar Singh is currently working with Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune.
- Ashok Kumar is a former OYP1 student and presently working with Mother Dairy.
- Kul Bhushan Aanand is currently working with Acusis LLC.
- Malvinder Singh Bedingfield is currently working with Reliance Dairy Foods Ltd.
- Amit Kumar, a former PRMX01 student is now working with GCMMF Ltd.
- Gajendra Singh Raghav is presently working at Saahaj Milk Producer Company Limited.
- Mandir Singh is currently working at NDDB Dairy Services.
- Sagar Kumar DevkaranbhaiMaguniya is presently working at IDMC Limited.
- Samara Muduli is presently working at Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd.