Bhoj University is a public university located at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. It was established in the year 1991 under an act of state legislature. The university was named after Raja Bhoj, renowned Maharaj of India. The aim of the university is to expand education among the underprivileged. They have an open education system set up in rural areas. It has a partnership with organizations like the Rehabilitation Council of India, Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management and Indian Institute of Material Management, etc. University gives a special accentuate on study groups from rural areas. They also emphasized the importance of learning for the disabled. They provide easy access to students for the betterment of the learning experience. They conduct practical classes, distance teaching, satellite communication teaching, etc. To Extend and Expand Higher Education by reaching the un-reached through various flexible means suited to the open and distance education mode using emerging information and communication technology, promote national integration and the integrated development of human personality for the wellbeing of the community and maintain standards and promote Distance Education are the three objectives of the University.
The campus offers many courses through eight various streams. Bhoj University is recognized by UGC and DEC. They extend courses at graduation and post-graduation level. The admission is based on merit which gives them an excellent result in the future. They have their regional centres in eleven cities. It is a coeducational campus. They also have a library with a good collection of books which help the students to refer to their studies. As it is a public university formed under state legislature most of the inwards are from a rural area who have a genuine interest in learning. The facilities provided for these students are to enhance their learning experience. It makes the students best suitable for the further challenges awaiting them in their upcoming future.
The streams of academic programmes offered are
- Management and Commerce programmes – Master of Business Administration, MBA in Material Management, BBA, B.Com., PGDIM, PG. Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Heritage Management, PG. Diploma in Company Secretary-ship, PG. Diploma in Disaster Management, DBA
- Information technology and Computer Science Programmes – M.Sc. IT, PGDCA, B.Sc. IT, Diploma in Computer Application
- Basic Sciences Programmes – M.Sc. Zoology, M.Sc. Mathematics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc. Physics, B.Sc. in Mathematics and Biology groups, PGDBI, PGDCI
- Health Sciences Programmes – Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Therapeutic Nutrition, PG. Diploma in Hospital and Health Management, Diploma in Nutrition and Health Education
- Humanities and Social sciences programmes – M.A. History, M.A. Political Science, M.A. Sociology, M.A. Geography, M.A. in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology, MSW, B.A. in various subjects
- Need-Based Other programmes – Post Graduate Diploma in Remote Sensing, Certificate in Human Rights, Certificate in Rural Development
- Department of General Education – B.Ed.-ODL, Diploma in Elementary Education
- Department of Special Education – B.Ed. SEDE, FC-SEDE