Updated: August 02, 2023, 04:35 PM IST
DU UG Admission CSAS 1st Round 2023: On Tuesday, Delhi University issued the first undergraduate merit allocation list. Depending on where they place on the merit list, the list allots seats for the students. According to a DU statement, 202,416 qualified candidates were taken into account for distribution in the first round based on their preferences for the programs and colleges. On the list, 7,042 students had their first choice of seats assigned to them, and more than 22,000 applicants had their top five preferences used to determine where they would sit.
DU UG Admission 2023: Procedure
- Using the normalized CUET results supplied by the National Testing Agency, the merit scores were determined. Candidates must sign in to their Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS) dashboard following the release of the allocation list in order to accept any offered seats. The seat must be accepted by August 4 till 4:59 p.m.
- If a candidate receives more than one seat offer in a given round, they must accept and take admission to just that one seat. The candidate will be disqualified from participating in the subsequent rounds of the CSAS(UG)-2023 and will forfeit the seat that had been provisionally allocated if no action is taken.
- The concerned college will check the candidate’s eligibility and upload documents online once they accept the provisionally allotted seat. The verification process must be finished by August 5. The deadline for fee payment is August 6 (5 pm).
- If an application is rejected during the online verification, the college will provide a reason for the rejection, and if the college raises any queries during the online approval process, the candidate must respond online through the dashboard. If an application is provisionally allocated a seat but the admission fee is not paid within the specified time, the provisionally allocated seat will be canceled, and the candidate will not be considered for any subsequent allocation rounds in the current year.
- If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted, he or she may “freeze” their admissions; in this case, they will not be taken into consideration for subsequent allocations after the fee has been paid.
DU UG Admission 2023: Information on 2nd Round
On August 10, the university will release the second merit list; alternatively, accepted candidates may select the “upgrade” option, which gives them the opportunity to upgrade to a higher preference submitted earlier and to reorder program and college combinations.
Where to Download DU Undergraduate Admission 2023 First Merit Allocation List
- Visit the Delhi University (DU) website by going to www.du.ac.in.
- The “Admissions” or “Admission 2023” section should be visible on the homepage; click on it.
- Find the link CSAS (UG) Admission and then click it.
- Your DU registration number and password must be entered on a new page after you have been transferred there.
- The first undergraduate merit allocation list will appear on the screen following successful login.
- View your position on the merit list by scanning the list for your name or roll number. Additionally, the list can be saved for later use.