MONJURUL ALAM is Associate Professor of English and Linguistics, Institute of Modern Languages University of Chittagong, Bangladesh.
- Institutional Quality Assurance Peer Reviewer:
University Grants Commission National Pool of Quality Assurance Expert (2015 – to date)
- External Peer Reviewer: University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- Additional Director, Institutional Quality Assurance Cell, University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh. (Janurary 2015 to date)
- Project Director – [UGC Bangladesh Funded ]
Academic Needs Analysis of English for Academic Purposes: An Exploratory Study for Developing a State of the Art Syllabus for University of Chittagong. (2011)
- Research Assistant under Professor Razika Sanaoui, Department of Education, York University, Toronto, Canada (September 2005 – April 2006)
- Alam, M. (2016). Wrong Number Telephone Encounter: A Study on a Bangla Speech Community. The Dhaka University Journal of Linguistics, Vol. 7 & 8, No. : 13-16, 19-32.
- Alam, M. (2007). The Development of L2 Writing Expertise: The Teacher as a Facilitator of Qualitative Changes in the ESL/EFL classroom. The Chittagong University Journal of Arts and Humanities, Vol. XXII, 139-154.
- Alam, M. (2007). Critical Period Hypothesis: Tracing its evolution from the stronger to the The Chittagong University Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. XXV, 223-233.
- Alam, M. (2005). Error analysis in languag teaching and learning: A case study (on the students of English language courses in the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Chittagong), The Chittagong University Journal of Social Sciences, 23 (1), 71-88.