Dr. Kazi Bayzid Kabir
Dr. Kazi Bayzid Kabir is Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. Presently, Dr. Kabir is additional Director, Institutional Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Monash University, Australia.
- Dissertation “Catalytic Gasification and Assessment of Dimethyl Ether Synthesis from Victorian Brown Coal” Supervisor: Prof. Sankar Bhattacharya.
- List of publications
Publication summary (according to Google Scholar excluding PhD thesis)
Publications: 29; citations: 287; h-index: 8; i10-index: 7.
2. Peer-reviewed publications in international journals
- Sadia Siddika Dima, Assame Arnob, Ummay Salma, Kazi Bayzid Kabir andKawnish Kirtania, ‘Fate of nutrients during hydrothermal carbonization of biogenic municipal waste’, Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery. doi:10.1007/s13399-020-01016-1
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir and Kawnish Kirtania, ‘An assessment of gasification of lipid-extracted algae by thermodynamic simulation’, Journal of Chemical Engineering 30 (2017), 59-63. doi: 10.3329/jce.v30i1.34799
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Arash Tahmasebi, Sankar Bhattacharya and Jianglong Yu, ‘Intrinsic kinetics of CO2 gasification of a Victorian coal char’, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 123 (2016), 1685-1694. doi: 10.1007/s10973-015-5060-8
- Mominur Rahman, Mirza Md. Rashiduzzaman, Fazle Zawad Akhand and Kazi Bayzid Kabir, ‘Compressed stabilized earth block: a green alternative for non-load bearing building block in developing countries like Bangladesh’, American Chemical Science Journal 12 (2016), 1-10. doi: 10.9734/ACSJ/2016/23071
- Mominur Rahman, Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Md. Masudur Rahman and Zannatul Ferdous, ‘Quick release nitrogenous fertilizer from human hair’, British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, 14 (2016), 1-11. doi: 10.9734/BJAST/2016/23454
- Joanne Tanner, Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Michael Müller and Sankar Bhattacharya, ‘Low temperature entrained flow pyrolysis and gasification of a Victorian brown coal’, Fuel 154 (2015), 107-113.
- Kawnish Kirtania, Joanne Tanner, Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Sharmen Rajendran and Sankar Bhattacharya, ‘In situ synchrotron IR study relating temperature and heating rate to surface functional group changes in biomass’. Bioresource Technology 151 (2014), 36-42.
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Helen E Maynard-Caserly and Sankar Bhattacharya, ‘In situ studies of structural changes in DME synthesis catalyst with synchrotron powder diffraction’, Applied Catalysis A: General 486(2014), 49-54.
- Sankar Bhattacharya, Kazi Bayzid Kabir and Klaus Hein, ‘Dimethyl ether synthesis from Victorian brown coal through gasification–Current status, and research and development needs’, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 39(2013), 577-605.
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Klaus Hein and S. Bhattacharya, ‘Process modeling of Dimethyl Ether (DME) production from Victorian brown coal – integrating drying, gasification and DME synthesis processes’, Computers & Chemical Engineering 48(2013), 96-104.
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir and Iqbal Mahmud, ‘Study of Erosion-Corrosion of Stainless Steel, Brass and Aluminum by Open Circuit Potential Measurements’, Journal of Chemical Engineering 25(2010), 13-17.
- Mominur Rahman and Kazi Bayzid Kabir, ‘Wastewater treatment options for paper mills using recycled paper/imported pulps as raw materials: Bangladesh perspective’, Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin 14(2010), 65-68.
- Kazi Bayzid Kabir, Mohidus Samad Khan and Iqbal Mahmud, ‘Novel Ideas on Engineering Education in Bangladesh’, Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin 12 (2008), 11-19. doi: 10.3329/cerb.v12i0.1492
- Mominur Rahman, TA Siddique, S Samdani and Kazi Bayzid Kabir, ‘Effect of Operating Variables on Regeneration of Base-oil from Waste Lubricating Oil’, Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin 12(2008), 24-27. doi: 10.3329/cerb.v12i0.1494