Mohali is a city in the northern state of Punjab, lying to the south-west of the capital city of Chandigarh. It is emerging as one of the most important cities in Punjab and the rest of North India, developing fast as an IT hub of the state. The state government has made a special emphasis to make Mohali the best place to live in Punjab. The city sports many international sporting venues including a cricket stadium, a golf course and a hockey stadium bearing international connectivity from Chandigarh International Airport. Mohali’s reputation as a home to multinational corporations is rising. Global giants like Quark and Philips are generating direct and indirect jobs.
It is home to the following institutions and universities:
- Punjab University Regional Centre for Information Technology and Management.
- Chandigarh University
- Indian Institute Of Science Education And Research – IISER
- National Institute Of Pharmaceutical Education And Research – NIPER
- Indian School Of Business – ISB
- Army Institute of Law
- Shaheed Udham Singh College of Engineering and Technology
- Chandigarh Engineering College