Kanpur is a metropolis in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The city has been famous for its textile and leather industries. Sitting on the west bank of the Ganga, it is a major trade and commercial hub in North India. Its proximity to Delhi acts as an advantage for companies from Delhi to recruit students for internships and jobs. It had the first woollen mill of India. It is regarded as the ‘leather city of the world’. Many medium and heavy industries also engage in the production of industrial machines, two-wheelers and defence items.
Kanpur is home to one of the first Indian Institutes of Technology, an Institute of National Importance. Arvind Krishna, the current CEO of IBM is one of the many distinguished alumni of the institute.
Along with IIT-Kanpur, the city hosts some other institutes of repute.
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Kanpur
- Institute Of Company Secretaries Of India, ICSI
- Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of India, ICAI
- National Sugar Institute, NSI
- University Institute Of Engineering & Technology, UIET
- Kanpur Institute Of Technology, KIT
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak College Of Engineering And Technology, SRMS CET
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University Of Agriculture & Technology, CSAUA&T