Bengaluru, ‘The Silicon City’ of India is the capital of Karnataka, and Karnataka is the eminent knowledge state in India. While the rest of the country tries to beat the heat, Bengaluru enjoys a drizzle. The completely moderate weather condition of the city makes it easier for people from any part of the world to adapt. With over 12000 IT companies working full-time, the IT growth over the years has been remarkable in this city. Some of the most reputed companies like Infosys, Wipro, Biocon, Flipkart, Myntra, Swiggy, Big Basket, Urban Ladder, PhonePe, Ola Cabs etc. are based out of Bengaluru. It has been the powerhouse of an enormous number of Premier Global Organisations and top-notch educational institutions. With 65% of the population being migrants, along with its rich heritage it also has a contemporary way of life and cosmopolitan culture. Bangalore is a place that nurtures the students both professionally and personally. It is attributed with more than 125 research and development centres in the fields of IT, Basic and Applied Sciences, Aerospace and the likes.
Apart from the outstanding IT growth, this birthplace of a never-ending list of inspiring personalities like M. Vishveshvarayya, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Narayana Murthy, Azim Premji, G.R Gopinath, Girish Karnad, Rahul Dravid, Dr. Devi Shetty, is home to many educational institutions with international standards in hundreds of fields including Mass Communication, Arts, Film making, Life sciences, Law, Management and Journalism.
- Indian Institute Of Science, IISc
- National Institute Of Mental Health And Neurosciences, NIMHANS
- National Law School Of India University, NLSIU
- Indian Institute Of Management, IIM-B
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research, JNSACR
- National Centre For Biological Sciences, NCBS
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics
- Azim Premji University
- Xavier Institute Of Management & Entrepreneurship, XIME
- T A Pai Management Institute, TAPMI