The WBNUJS or NUJS which expands to West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences was founded under the West Bengal Act IX of 1999 and it got affiliated with the Bar Council of India in 2005. NUJS is thought to be the best national law academy in India constructed on the 5-year law grade version suggested and administered by the Bar Council of India. This system offers an atmosphere of individuality and special status to these National Law Institutes in India.
The primary objectives of NUJS are:
- Promote and circulate education and knowledge of the law, and the legal procedure and their place in the national growth.
- Advance legal expertise to create law and legal operation coherent tools for community development.
- Growth in students to explore scholars with a sight of responsibility to serve the community in the field of law by growing law skills.
- Interdisciplinary study of law in the context of management, technology, international cooperation, and development.
The National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata is an educational community dedicated to the pursuit of expertise, intelligence, exploration, and innovation. Its mission is to provide learner-centered education and promote individual and intellectual development to ready students for profitable careers, beautiful lives, and liable citizenship in the worldwide community.
Kolkata NJUS is dedicated to promoting and imparting education and knowledge of the law and legal methods and their role in national growth, to prepare students and research academics a sight of responsibility to benefit the community in the law field by expanding law skills.
The law institutes render a 5-year consolidated B.A./B. Sc. LLB (Hons.) grade program for undergraduates and a Master of Laws (LLM) program for postgraduate standards.
- Taught Courses – Graduation Degree
- Taught Courses – Post Graduation Degree
- Research Programs
- NUJS Diploma Course
- NUJS Online Certificate Programs
- NUJS Collaborative Programs
Research and Development
The University believes that the applicants are anticipated to construct a thesis that will establish significant and beneficial offerings to legal scholarship. The students’ perspective is expected to integrate the apprehension of other disciplines into their task, denoting the skills and support available at NUJS and other major universities worldwide.
NUJS has an overall amazing recruitment history. Since, the first-ever graduating batch, it has observed a tremendous involvement from a few of the big and best international and national enterprises. This has led to an increase in the stature of the university in the job network.
- Akshath Goyal, batch of 2012, after graduating from the National University of Juridical Sciences he worked at Anand & Anand and later worked at Shardul AmarchandMangaldas and Co. Presently, he is the Assistant Legal Manager at PayU Payments Pvt. Ltd.
- Rahul Bhattacharjee is an Attorney in the Middle East, Schlumberger, designated as a Corporate Counsel in an MNC.
- Aniket Ghosh graduated from the law school at NUJS, Kolkata and currently, working at Lakshmi Kumaran & Sreedharan.
- Paramita Dasgupta from WBNUJS, Kolkata, 2007 started working in the lawsuit department in Mumbai. After two years of work experience there, she later went abroad and after coming back to India, she started working as a policy analyst at a government think tank level and is a faculty member at NUJS.