MICA stands for Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad and it was built in 1991. It is the sole residential academy promoting leadership in communication and strategic marketing in the Asia-Pacific province. It is an independent, not-for-profit institution that renders widespread and extensive study programs comprising four residential programs. The strength and beliefs of MICA lie in its holding of sophisticated trends and comprehension by directing the essential requirements of a dynamic environment. The MICA brand ensures the constructive delivery of Strategic Marketing and Communications results. Many alumni are now placed as leaders in their professional life in a few of the well-known organizations in India and also in the world, some of them are placed in marketing, advertising, brand management, and other related fields. MICA intends to be the leading Management scholastic for marketing, communications, and imaginative studies in a world that is driven by design and endorses a digital life. To establish intuitive leaders and intellectuals who are imaginative, inventive, and adaptable solution-makers for a fast rotating world.
MICA’s academic hubs are committed to various regulations in the Strategic Marketing and Communication area. They endeavour analysis, perform workshops, and acknowledge seminars, and construct knowledge-generating education material all over the year. The various programs offered by MICA are Residential Programmes, Online Studies, MDP, and FDP.
There are six academic hubs at MICA namely,
- Centre for Development Management and Communication
- Knowledge Exchange and Information Centre
- Mudra Institute of Communication Research
- Centre for Media & Entertainment Studies
- MICA Case Study Centre
Research and Development
MICA trusts that a constructive program such as MBA, must offer a base for students and business professionals to interchange, associate, and think creatively. At MICA, student-run panels like the student counsellor arm, MLS and Research makes similar association possible. It also assures that graduating MICA scholars are completely cognizant of the trade and the industry truths.
Students are not only educated and directed in the course of management but they also get to build their lives around management. From its beginning in 1991, it has offered companies with high standard managers in the Marketing, Media, and Advertising sector. This support is a testimony of the quality and variation of the student pool and flexibility of the modules of MICA.
- Mr. Basant Rathore, MICA’96 is the Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning, Brand and Business Development at Jagran Group. During his days in Media Planning, he had also worked with agencies such as Mundra Mindshare and Madison.
- Amit Sharma is a Business Head for Digital Engagement Platforms at Prudential Assurance Company, Singapore.
- Kunal Mehta is a Global Marketing Communications Manager at DSM.
- Vinay Subramanyam is the Marketing Head of Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Pankaj Bhalla is the Vice President of Procter and Gamble.
- Kavita Chaturvedi is the Chief Operating Officer of ITC Limited.
- Arti Buxi is in Digital Implementation at Philip Morris International Switzerland.
- KedarLele is the CEO and Managing Director of Unilever Bangladesh Ltd.
- Kanika Mittal is the National Business Head at Twitter.
- Ashish Joshi is the Country Manager and Franchise Head at Alcon.