IISER expanded to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal is an autonomous university. It was established in the year 2008 as a public institution by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Vinod K Singh founded this university with the motto. The university implements an efficient educational pattern. IISER always tries to establish and sustain the institution of the highest caliber by complete integration. They also try to impart various skills that mold them enough to face the challenges of the world. The institution is spread across 200 acres with nine departments. They aim to come up with quality education at the graduate and post-graduate levels. The campus includes transportation, a health center, hostel, and modern-day laboratories. The institution is ranked 37th position in NIRF ranking in the year 2018.
The institution offers graduation, post-graduation, and doctoral level courses. They have a separate department for research activities. Within the campus, there are three excellence centers. IISER collaborates with many premier organizations and recruits students once the course is complete. They also held summer and winter camps that enhance the quality of students. Lecture Hall complex is another feature of the campus. The holistic development of staff and students are ensured by the institution. The Central Library in the university has a wide collection of various journals. It also has digital access to E-Reading. IISER Bhopal is the only IISER institution to provide engineering science. They have also started Data Science and Engineering programs.
Currently, the institution has 235 research projects on the list. Out of these, 117 projects are completed. They have a financial outlay of 115 crores. The research department published around 1704 research papers in various international journals. About 13 patents are registered for grant of patents. 141 Ph.D. students are graduated to this day.
- Dr. Ananda S. Hodage, a post-doctoral fellow from 2013 to 2014, is a research analyst with Crest Pvt. Ltd.
- Shailendra Agarwal, project assistant from 2012-2013 is the Director of Kailash Institute of Chemical Sciences
- Dr. Rahul Vilasrao Kadu post-doctoral fellow from 2015-2017 is an assistant professor at MIT College
- Kaustubh Shrimali, BS-MS student from 2012-2013 did his Ph.D. from the University of Utah, USA
- Dr. Amit Kumar, Ph.D. 2010-2015, is working at Alchem Laboratories Ltd.
- Dr. Vandana Rathore, a Ph.D. student from 2013 to 2018 is a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Illinois, USA
- Dr. Ajay Verma, Ph.D. 2012-2017, is a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Liverpool, UK.
- Dr. Shailesh Kumar, Ph.D. 2011-2017, is a post-doctoral fellow at Hebrew University in Israel.
- Dr.Durga Prasad, Ph.D. 2011-2017, is a post-doctoral fellow at Yeungnam University in South Korea.
- Rahul Meena, BS-MS student from the batch of 2018-2019 went on to do a Ph.D. from Universite Libre De Bruxelles, Belgium.
- Manvendra Singh who did his BS-MS summer project from May to July 2015 did his Ph.D. at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Praveen Jatav, a BS-MS student from 2014-2015 pursued a Ph.D. from the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Saket Patel, a BS-MS student from 2013-2014 pursued a Ph.D. from Aix-Marseille Universite / CNRS Institute de ChimieRadicalaire, France.