There are 20 IIITs in India which are set up by the Central Government in Public-Private Partnership mode and the Indian Institute of Information Technology Lucknow is one of them. It is situated in ChakGanjaria, Mastemau, Lucknow in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The Government of India, MHRD, Government of Uttar Pradesh, and U.P Electronics Corporation Ltd. financially contributed to set up IIIT-L. The institution was set up to strengthen the information technology field in the country. The aim was to develop the technology of India significantly. IIIT also focuses on creating knowledge-based study materials in the regional language by connecting multi-dimensional aspects of Information Technology like management, design, and manufacturing.
In 2015 IIIT-L started its first batch of B. Tech. in IT with 50 total number of students. At present IIIT-L offers various graduation and post-graduation courses, plus a Ph.D. course. The admission process includes the qualification of JEE (MAIN) and the central counselling. Various courses in graduation level are B.Tech. (IT), B.Tech. (CS), B.Tech. (CSAI) and post-graduation courses include M.Tech. (CS), MBA(Digital Business) and a doctoral programme. The admission to M.Tech. courses happen through CCMT. The institution also provides 6 post-graduation diploma courses which are PGD in Data Science, Internet of Things, AI & ML, Business Management, Digital Marketing, and Software Development. IIIT-L provides proper training on the field, as well as in theory so that their students after passing out can adapt to the real world of IT and solve problems.
Last year IIIT-L provided 100% placement and reported that the highest package was 43 LPA, the average package was 18.42 LPA, the median package was 15 LPA and the minimum package was 10 LPA. The top 20% of the package average was 28.03 LPA. In 2019 the highest package was 28 LPA and the average CTC was 11.37 LPA. Students are recruited in areas of consultancy, core IT, analytics, travel network, engineering and technology, finance, and others. The recruiters include top companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Flipkart, DirectI, Vassar Labs, Sabre, Xebia, Goldman Sachs, Samsung, TATA consultancy, Paytm, Nykaa, Wipro, etc. Being a recent addition to the IIIT family it is creating a standard of its own.
- Anushree Goswami – Founder COO at Nazmehayat
- Om Prakash – Whiteboard Animation Specialist
- AyushiPanth – Google’s WTEF (Women Techmakers Engineering Fellows) Scholar
- Mudit Dubey – Associate Software Engineer at Qualcomm
- Samriddhi Niranjan – Software Development Engineer at Paytm
- Suryansh Tiwari – SDE at Flipkart
- Amit Kumar – Software Engineer at Google
- Anjali Kumar – Associate at Sabre
- Akshat Jain – Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Pradeep Kumar Shakya – Developer at Paytm, Ex-Bounce
- Sahiti Reddy – Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Nishant Malik – Associate Software Development Engineer at Sabre
- Ashwani Kumar – Developer at Flipkart
- Tarun Singhal – Software Engineer at MindTickle
- Radhika Chandak – Software Engineer at Zenefits
- Shashank Sharma – Back End Developer at White Hat Jr.
- Aditya Pradhan – SDE at American Express
- Prateek Bansal – Software Engineer at Juniper Networks
- Ananya Maurya – Android Developer
- Raghav Khandelwal – DevOps Engineer at Gameskraft
- SravaniBorampalli – Back End Developer at Bounce