The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) is an independent non-profit institution that was founded in the year 1983. EDII is financially backed by the State Bank of India, ICICI Bank Ltd., IFCI Ltd., and IDBI Bank Ltd. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India thrives on its mission of being the foremost resource center in the different fields of entrepreneurship. It also thrives towards the promotion of entrepreneurship through means of knowledge and education, training programs, and applied research. The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India was founded on the vision of commemorating universal headship towards the nurturing and development of entrepreneurship. Diligently working towards its mission, EDII has successfully catered to twelve entrepreneurship development institutes and centers at the state level. The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India takes utmost pride in its effort to making entrepreneurship accessible to a plethora of schools, and institutions – in science, technology, and management through their tailored curriculum and entrepreneurship inputs.
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India offers PGDM, or Post-Graduate Diploma in Management courses in entrepreneurship, venture development and innovation, an open learning course in entrepreneurship, and a fellow course in management. EDII encompasses five departments of entrepreneurship education, policy advocacy, developing economy management, projects, business development services, national outreach, knowledge, and research. Along with providing education EDII also takes care of the placements of its students in different companies of repute in the industry.
Research and Development
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India constitutes of three main Research and Development initiatives.
- Centre for research in entrepreneurship education and development which was established as an intermediate linkage of theory and practice in the area of entrepreneurship.
- The global entrepreneurship monitor survey, the top yearly study of entrepreneurial dynamics globally.
- The center for policy research in science and technology entrepreneurship which was formed under the department of science and technology (GOI) at EDI. The center functions to promote policy strengthening, policy formulation, and S&T entrepreneurship.
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India has built any young professionals. Some of those alumni who have gone on to excel in their careers are named below.
- Abhinav Daga (Abhipri – The Jodhpuri Paridhan)
- Pratik Bachkaniwala (Himson Machines)
- Ayrton Mayengbam (Ayrton Clothing)
- Sumit Grover (Vinod International)
- Ranjeet Shrivastava (Forret India)
- Priti Bhatia (Awesome Sparklers)
- Preethy Thomas (Karithanam Ayur Farms)
- Priyanshi Jariwala (Khadi Cult)
- Kinjal Patel (Shreeji Ceramic Industries)
- Parth Mehta (9834 The Fruit Truck)
- Jay Merja (MUVR.in)
- VivekKataruka (Chemshel Enterprises)
- Gaurav Parmar (RIMTEX Industries)
- NooruddinBombaywala (Epic Research)
- Nikhil Talreja (Digital Upstarts, Clever Buds & Digital Marketing)
- Laval Bhatt (HoneyBeeInfomedia)
- NimeshPithava (Qualimark Machines)
- Dharmendra Jena (Manager – Blind People’s Association- Bareja Eye and General Hospital Navalbhai & Hiraba Eye Hospital)
- Krishna Thacker (Asia Regional Director – Metlife Foundation)
- Kuldeep Arora (Kuldhra Group of Companies, Indian Institute of Rural DevelopmentARTH Microfinance Pvt. Ltd., Kuldhra Multi State Credit Co-operative Society Kuldhra Foundation, Co-Promoter Arth Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.)
- Sonkee Shah (Arch Development Foundation)
- Satyavir Chakrapani (Shikhar Microfinance)
- HareeshBelawadi (Zonar Enterprises)
- Shalabh Mittal (CEO, School of Social Entrepreneurs)
- Sujata Goswami (Executive Director- Sarba Shanti Ayog)
- Tejas Merh (Avkaash)