JAM is the Joint Admission Test for Masters. IIT Roorkee is the conducting body for JAM 2022. As per the updates, the JAM 2022 will be organized as a CBT (Computer Based Test) for all the test papers. There are seven test papers of JAM 2022, and all will be prepared as objective type, with three varied patterns, named Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), Numerical Answer Type (NAT), and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The candidates who want to enroll for a seat in IITs, have to clear JAM 2022 exam. JAM 2022 is an open exam for all Indian and Foreign students and there is no age restriction to appear for the exam. The IITs are known for doing Full-time MSc, MSc-PhD, Joint M.Sc-Ph.D Dual degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree programs.
The Applications for JAM 2022 exam will be accepted via an Online mode. The candidates can check out the link given on the JAM 2022 site and can apply for the exam.
Important Dates for JAM 2022 Exam
|The online registration will start from||August 30, 2021|
|Last date to apply for the online application submission||October 11, 2021|
|Release of admit card||January 04, 2022|
|Date of JAM 2022 Exam||February 13, 2022|
|Result date||March 22, 2022|
List of IIT institutes
|S.No||Name of the Institute|
|6)||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad|
|21||IIT ( BHU) Varanasi|
Test Schedule And Application Fees
|Exam Date||Sessions of the exam||Test Papers and codes|
|February 13, 2022||Forenoon ( FN)||Biotechnology ( BT), Mathematical Statistics(MS), and Physics (PH)|
|Afternoon (AN)||Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN). Geology ( GG) and Mathematics (MA)|
The candidate is allowed to appear for 1 or 2 test papers.
Application Fees for JAM 2022
Female ( All categories)/SC/ST/PwD
|One Test Paper Fee Two Test Papers |
INR 750 INR 1050
|All Others||INR 1500 INR 2100|
Rules and Regulations for JAM 2022
- The candidate must bring their valid admit card and original valid photo identity proof to enter the examination hall.
- The candidate photograph or fingerprint will be captured.
- The candidates are not allowed to take mobile phones/calculators, smartwatches, and any other electronic gadget inside the exam hall.
- Those candidates who will not follow the ethics and code of the exam, will not be allowed to appear for JAM 2022.
How To Apply for JAM 2022?
The candidates have a golden opportunity to apply for JAM 2022 at the JAM Online Application Processing System ( JOAPS) link available on the JAM official website.
Follow the following steps:
- Apply for the exam via online mode
- Upload your documents, signature, and photographs or category certificate.
- Pay the fees via electronic payment gateways.
- Check out the status of your application form.
- If your application form is selected, download the admit card.
Documents/Data required for filling the JAM application form
- Address for communication
- The candidate’s eligibility degree specifications and details.
- College name
- Choice of JAM paper(s).
- Select the JAM city.
- Scanned copy of the signature, Photograph.
- Details of the Identity Documents.
IIT JAM 2022 Syllabus
|Chemistry||Solid-state, Spectroscopy, adsorption, organic reaction, mathematical concepts, natural products chemistry, aromatic and heterocyclic chemistry periodic table, theory of gases, bioinorganic chemistry, chemical bonding and shapes, chemical thermodynamics, etc.|
|Mathematics||One variable, integral calculation, differential calculus, vector calculus, linear algebra, real analysis, group theory, and sequence, etc.|
|Physics||Kinetics theory, modern physics, oscillation waves and optics, electricity and mechanism, mechanics and general properties of matter, devices and electronics, and modern physics, etc.|
|Geology||Geomorphology, structural geology, planet earth, paleontology, petrology, stratigraphy, economic geology, etc.|
IIT JAM 2022 Preparation Tips
- The candidates must focus on their studies and avoid distractions.
- Make your study plan and follow it.
- Check out the Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- You must take mock tests and previous years’ question papers.