Top 9 Courses After 12th Arts – Career Options, Colleges, Exams & Job
Students often feel stuck after completing their school with Arts, it seems as though there are very few courses and careers to choose from. However, with the right knowledge and research one must know that there is a plethora of options available for anyone who wants to study Arts. Many of these opportunities may be ones that you haven’t even given a though to, however apart from being exciting and well respected these are all extremely well paying jobs. Here’s a look at the top 9 courses that one may pursue after 12th Arts:
- Bachelor of Arts: It is a three-year course where students can specialize in fields of History, Economics, and Journalism and even in a particular language. A student with BA develops analytical, communication and written skills. Thus opening doors for careers in media, films, newspapers, government agencies, etc. Depending on your specialization. LSR, Loyola College, St. Xavier’s, IIAD are some well-known names for a degree in BA. Some universities may take specialized entrance exams, however, most universities take BA students based on merit from 12th grade.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts: BFA, similar to BA, is a specialization in the field of Fine Arts; this could include Visual Arts, Fine Arts and Performing Arts. With BFA a student nurtures creative skills and opens up doors in fields of Art, Film and Movies, Theater, Professional Dance and Music. Today these skills are well respected and prestigious. MIT Pune, College of Arts, NIMS, and the University of Mumbai are some well-known names for a degree in BFA. These universities take their individual entrance examinations.
- Fashion Design: Fashion designing is a career that is highly in demand. A student pursuing Fashion Design studies about the designing of garments and jewelry. She may also study about materials and textiles and trends in the market. These people then go onto working in fashion houses, fashion magazines, fashion shows and so on. NIFT, SID Pune, Amity University, Pearl Academy are some well-known names for a degree in Fashion Design. NIFT conducts a joint entrance exam for BDes, whereas, other universities have their own exams.
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Like the name suggests BBA is a highly pursued course. Students pursuing BBA study Sales, Marketing, Finance and so on. They can, then, proceed to obtain an MBA or they may work as HR Executives, Sales Managers, R&D Executives and so on. IP University, NMIMS, Christ University, Symbiosis are some well-known names for a degree in BBA. Some of these have a joint entrance exam while others have their individual admission processes.
- BA+ Bachelor of Law (Integrated Course): This is a five-year course, starting with BA and then pursuing an LLB. While it is a long course, it provides two degrees that are seamlessly merged into one another. A student pursuing this course will study History, Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Human Rights and so on. NLSIU, NLU, SLS are some well-known names in the field. There are many different exams conducted for admissions: LSAT, CLAT, AILET etc.
- Bachelor of Design: BDes is a four year undergraduate course with specialization in fields like Fashion, Products, Textile, Industry, Graphics and so on. Students with a BDes degree can chose to become Product Manager, Graphic Designers, Interior Designers, Animators and so on. IIT-B, UPES, CEPT and Auro University are some well-known names in field. While some of these colleges accept UCEED scores others conduct separate examinations.
- Hotel Management: Another pivotal career choice after studying Arts in 12th is Hotel Management. Here students learn business skills, communication, and negotiation skills. Students may also specialize in areas like Tourism, Event Management, the Food Industry and so on. IHM, Parul University, WGSSHA are some well-known names in the field. Some universities conduct a national level test NCHMCT, while some others have their own admission process.
- Diploma in Education: As the name suggests D.Ed is an undergraduate degree pursue by those who want to get into the education field. As a D.Ed graduate one is prepared to teach students from kindergarten to 12th grade, this can then be followed by a master’s degree. Sri Sai College, University of Mumbai and Amity University are some popular names in the field.
- Mass Communication: Mass Communication is another option that can be explored by students who have taken Arts in 12th. Through this degree students learn about channels of communication like Internet, Radio, Newspapers, Television and Radio, they also obtain verbal and presentational skills. Thus being able to pursue careers in fields of different forms of media. Sophia College, St. Xavier’s, Jai Hind College are some well-known names in BMM.