Data Science: A Course on Decision Making Process
Data Science as a course is a blend of mathematics, business acumen, and machine learning techniques to identify the hidden insights behind raw data. Data scientists deal with different forms of data and figure out future decisions based on historical data.
With the quantum of data that is been generated and the need for future predictions, companies from all domains such as retail, finance, IT, marketing, and banking are constantly are on the lookout for data scientists.The components of the data science curriculum are,
- Machine Learning: Incorporates mathematical models, algorithmsto predict future business outcomes.
- Big Data: Use big data tools to convert the unstructured data into a structured form
- Business Intelligence: Analyze business data carefully and present them through visual reports such as graphs.
Career opportunities in data science:
Data Science is one of the promising careers of the future and it is estimated that the demand for data scientists will be around 28% at the end of the year 2020. The course in data science enables students to master their skills in data mining, data clustering, statistics, linear and logistic regression, data visualization, etc.
The data scientist is one of the top-ranking professions with a guaranteed payout of Rs. 6-15 LPA. The top industries that hire data science professionals are the banking and financial sectors, creating 40% of the jobs, and the energy and utilities sector, creating upto 25% of the jobs. After completion of the course, graduates can take up job roles as,
- Business analytics professional
- Business Intelligence professional
- Data scientist
- Big Data Analysts
- HR analytics professionals
- Marketing analytics professionals
Top Private colleges to learn data science in India
- Vellore institute of technology, Tamil Nadu:
Established in 1984, it is one of the premier institutes, to offer a PG diploma in Data Science course. The college also offers campus selection for students.
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
Approved by UGC and AICTE this university was established in 2012. Its PG diploma course in data science is popular among graduates.
- Centre for development of advanced computing, Pune
Offers PG diploma course in data science and admits students based on their scores in GMAT and other competitive examinations. The institute also offers the best placement services for the students.
- Loyola College, Chennai
One of the top arts and humanities colleges in India, Loyola offers PG in data science at only RS. 48K per year. More than 100 companies visit the college every year for placements.
- Presidency University, Bangalore
This premier institute in Bangalore offers a B.Tech course in Data Analytics and admits students based on their JEE scores.
- University of Engineering and Management, Jaipur
This university in Jaipur is approved by the AICTE and offers a B.Tech course in Data Sciences as a bachelor’s degree.
- Hyderabad Institute of Technology and Management
This private college is accredited by the NAAC and is approved by AICTE to offer B.Tech in Data Science and artificial intelligence. Students are admitted based on their EAMCET scores.
- ASM’s Institute of Business management and research
This is the first institute in Maharashtra with AICTE approval to incorporate relevant techniques and qualifications in its globally accepted certification course in data science.
- Advanced Computing training school, Noida:
This center for advanced computing offers a postgraduate diploma in big data analytics. This is the best center to learn data science for graduates and entrepreneurs.
- Goa institute of Management
This private college offers PGDM in big data analytics and admits students based on their GMAT, CAT, XAT scores.
The data science course in all these colleges helps students to generate useful business insights and predictions, as they are designed with a cutting edge curriculum and tech-enabled education modules.